Are you ready to get started?
Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Cannabis Control
Bridge the knowledge gap threatening an emergent multi-billion dollar industry.
Multifaceted policy challenges. Public health and safety concerns. Rampant misinformation. States regulating adult-use sale of cannabis are reaping the economic benefits, but leaders in the public policy arena have been left reeling. As cannabis transitions quickly from a taboo illegal drug to legal substance, public officials struggle to balance the needs of diverse stakeholders. Issues such as local licensing of retail shops, quality control, host community agreements, taxation policies, and zoning restrictions are dominating the concerns of communities around the United States. The development and evaluation of clearly defined regulatory policies is paramount to the stabilization and efficient operation of the market.
Clark University offers the nation’s first certificate in regulatory affairs on cannabis control. As a national research university, we aim to set the standard for cannabis control education. It’s time to lay out a roadmap for understanding the legal, ethical, and social implications of legalization of cannabis and learn how to implement the rules of engagement in this budding industry.
Clark University’s Online Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Cannabis Control will provide you the framework and foundation to move forward. We’ll prepare you with the skills and the knowledge base to understand the impacts of legalization of cannabis in our communities, states, and nation. Whether you choose to work in this new industry or serve the public at the municipal or state levels, this certificate will give you the tools necessary to advance your career goals.
Why Clark University
- Build confidence and clarity as you develop the skills needed to implement solutions to the complex public health and safety challenges surrounding cannabis legalization.
- Worcester is the future home of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission — a hub for development of cannabis regulatory affairs in the Commonwealth.
- Learn about real-world cannabis industry issues firsthand from leading experts including municipal officials, public health experts, and law enforcement leaders.
- Apply 100% of your certificate course credits toward our Master of Public Administration.
- Enjoy a flexible online format that can be completed in two semesters.
Students will explore public policy issues related to the cultivation, distribution, sales, and regulation of adult-use and medicinal cannabis. Coursework will examine implementation of educational and enforcement policies, the legal and regulatory framework developed by local and state officials, and best practices for mitigation of potential negative impacts on public health and safety.
Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Cannabis Control has three enrollment start dates; students have flexibility in determining the sequence of courses and the pace of certificate completion. Each course is taught by a leading expert in the field.
The three required courses are stackable toward our Master of Public Administration program—you may apply all credits toward the full degree requirements. Successful completion of these courses with a 3.0 GPA or higher guarantees admission to our Master of Public Administration program with a limited application process.
The certificate consists of three, 7-week online graduate level courses:
- Cannabis Education and Enforcement
- Regulatory Frameworks for Cannabis Control
- Health and Public Safety Implications of Cannabis Use
- 3 online courses
Note: This is a graduate certificate program. A bachelor’s degree is required to enroll in the program.