Mission and Vision
To further Clark’s educational mission, its libraries instruct and guide students, faculty, and staff in accessing and evaluating information in a complex environment. We develop library collections and make available resources that support teaching and research across the University. In creating intellectual partnerships with our community, we strive to be fully engaged in the collaborative educational process.
In our commitment to these educational endeavors, the libraries engage in the following:
- Instruct and educate students, faculty, and staff in developing critical and analytical information-seeking skills that enable lifelong learning and independent scholarly pursuit
- Select, acquire, and preserve materials of quality, breadth, and depth — in traditional and innovative formats — that support the University’s curriculum and research
- Organize library collections according to accepted practices and ensure timely access to these resources
- Provide access to local, national, and international information
- Support the aforementioned functions within the Archives and Special Collections, focusing primarily on the history of Clark University and its surrounding communities