As the main facility for both music instruction and practice, Estabrook Hall fills the air of the east side of campus with the sound of students honing their craft on a variety of instruments and voices. The second oldest building on campus, Estabrook Hall houses the music program on its first two floors and the Literature, Language, and Culture Department on the floors above.
The music facilities in Estabrook Hall consist of:
- Fuller Music Center is a sizeable classroom for many of the music classes. Surrounded with several storage spaces for instruments and equipment, it also serves as a rehearsal space for our music ensembles, including the Clark University Choirs, Concert Band, Jazz Workshop, and Sinfonia.
- A dozen sound proof practice rooms furnished with upright pianos are available for all Clark students with valid IDs.
- During the Fall 2020 semester, practice rooms must be reserved through PickTime with the link below. Keys can be picked up in the Music/Events Office in Estabrook 220 between 10:00am-4:00pm, and at the Proctor Desk at the Hall’s Entrance from 5:00pm-10:00pm.
- (Fun fact: there are 5 grand pianos hiding within Estabrook Hall. Can you locate them all?)
- The Music/Events Office is located on the second floor of Estabrook Hall and is staffed by students Monday-Friday 10:00-4:00. These office assistants help with day-to-day administrative duties and the promotion/staffing of all Visual & Performing Arts events. Stop by with a question or to say hello! Contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 508.793.7356.
- The offices of the members of music faculty are housed in Estabrook Hall as well, as are a keyboard lab and additional teaching spaces.
Please note: Monday-Friday sign ups must be done one day in advance. Weekend practice time signups close Fridays before 4pm. Contact Clarkarts@clarku.edu with any questions.