Here you will find information about the undergraduate housing selection process for the 2018-2019 school year. Incoming First-Year and Transfer students, as well as Graduate Students have different selection processes and do not participate in these selection processes. Housing Selection and Lottery have many exciting aspects, which we hope makes the process easier, faster, and more transparent. In addition to the online process of declaring your housing intentions, there will be opportunities to assist you with finding a roommate, real time updates of spaces that are still available, and information sessions in the residence halls to discuss the process.
Current Student Housing Selection Process
- Monday, February 25th at 6:30PM in Wright Hall, 2nd floor lounge
- Monday, February 25th at 8:00PM in Johnson Sanford Center, 2nd floor lounge
- Tuesday, February 26th at 8:00PM in Maywood Street Hall, 1st floor lounge
- Thursday, February 28th at 8:00PM in Hughes Hall, basement lounge
- Monday, March 11th at 6:00PM in Dana Hall, basement lounge
- Monday, March 11th at 9:00PM in Bullock Hall, 1st floor lounge
Roommate Mix & Mingle
Are you looking for new roommates for next year? Not sure who you want to live with? Join us on Monday, March 11th from 7-9PM or on Tuesday, March 26th from 7-9PM in the 3rd floor of the University Center to meet new people and prospective roommates.
Timeline: Here is the timeline of the Housing Selection Process for the 2019-2020 school year. Please note that some dates may change as deemed necessary by RLH.
February 13th: Applications open on your Housing & Dining Self Service
February 25th-March 11th: Information Sessions
March 11th: Roommate Mix & Mingle event
March 13th: Applications close
March 25th: Same Room notifications
March 25th: Lottery number notifications
March 26th: Roommate Mix & Mingle event
March 25th-April 1st: Group with roommates online
April 2nd-4th: Housing Selection
|Room Style||2019-2020 Room Rate||2019-2020 Full Meal Plan||2019-2020 Total Housing and Meal Plan|
|Traditional Triple Spaces||$4,970||$3,880*||$8,850|
|Traditional Double Spaces||$5,600||$3,880*||$9,480|
|Traditional Single Spaces||$7,600||$3,880*||$11,480|
|Suite Double Spaces||$5,900||$3,880*||$9,780|
|Suite Single Spaces||$7,960||$3,880*||$11,840|
|House Apartment Double Spaces||$6,200||*||$6,200|
|House Apartment Single Spaces||$8,550||*||$8,550|
|Blackstone Double Spaces||$6,450||*||$6,450|
|Blackstone Single Spaces||$8,950||*||$8,950|
* Meal Plan price reflects one of the “full meal plans”. Students in apartment-style housing can add optional meal plans but are not required to enroll.
Some Important Things to Note:
- Students living in “Traditional Lifestyle” or “Suite Lifestyle” housing are required to be on a full meal plan. Students who live in “Apartment Lifestyle” housing (where they have access to kitchen facilities shared only by a small population of students) may choose from any undergraduate meal plan or choose to not have any version of a meal plan.
- Students who change from “Traditional Lifestyle” or “Suite Lifestyle” housing to “Apartment Style” after the first four weeks of the semester will be required to keep their full meal plan for the remainder of the semester.
- Students are required to live on campus for four semesters. Students who reach junior status or complete their four semester requirement mid-year remain bound to the contact as it is a full year agreement.
- Students ASSIGNED a room at Lottery who then go abroad for the fall will be charged a $300 contract cancellation fee.
- Students who select a room and then elect to live off campus will be charged a $1000 contract cancellation fee.
- Students who receive a Lottery Number but who do not select a room at all will be charged a $100 contract cancellation fee.
- Students who withdraw or take a leave of absence from Clark before the start of the Fall Semester will be charged a $100 contract cancellation fee.
- Current undergraduate students participating in a 5th year or graduate study program can participate in the undergraduate room selection process for Apartment Lifestyle Housing only. These students will need to agree to the terms of the Undergraduate Housing Contract. They may also choose instead to apply for Graduate Housing. Graduate Housing Applications will be available in March.
Students who decide after Lottery to apply for housing will apply for the Housing Waitlist. The Housing Waitlist is different from the summer room change process in that students on the Housing Waitlist are assigned after students in the Summer Assignment process. Unlike the guaranteed Summer Assignment list, Clark does not guarantee housing for the waitlist (but likely will be able to house everyone regardless). If you are concerned about having housing next year, be sure to apply on time!