Opportunities on Campus and Beyond
As a student of the arts, you will have multiple opportunities to showcase your talent and work. Depending on your major, you have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research at the Worcester Art Museum and interview and write about local artists exhibiting their work at ArtsWorcester (Art History)
- Create a podcast based on your research (Media, Culture, and the Arts).
- Perform in concerts throughout the year before the campus community and general public (Music).
- Roll out the red carpet to premiere your original films (Screen Studies).
- Exhibit your art in galleries at Clark and in Worcester (Studio Art).
- Write, act, or work as part of the crew for sold-out plays attended by your peers and the general public (Theatre Arts).
The Sara Bickman Music & Arts Summer Internship for Undergraduates
The Sara Bickman Music & Arts Summer Internship was established by James Bickman, a member of the class of 1939, and his sons Martin and David Bickman, in memory of his wife and their mother, Sara Bickman. The fund is used to support summer internships for undergraduate students majoring in the visual and performing arts. Awards are made to students in their junior year for projects to be conducted between their junior and senior years.
The deadline for applications is Friday March 24, 2023 by Noon.
To learn more about the award and how to apply please see the full description.
The Jason Michael Simpkins Memorial Endowment for Screen Studies
The Jason Michael Simpkins Memorial Endowment for Screen Studies was established by Larry J. and Michelle Simpkins in memory of their son, Jason Michael Simpkins, a member of the class of 2005. The award is to assist undergraduate students with the expenses incurred in completion of a film and/or a piece of written research. The recipients should possess high academic ability in screen studies and exceptional character, with an intention to pursue a career or higher education in screen studies.
The deadline for applications is Saturday April 1, 2023 by Noon.
Please read the full announcement to apply.