If you are an international transfer student, you could be eligible for scholarships to help pay for the cost of your undergraduate education at Clark University.
Scholarships are offered by Clark University and other organizations.
Your eligibility for scholarships depends on your academic accomplishments, in addition to other factors.
Clark merit scholarships
If you are an international student transferring to Clark University, you could be eligible for merit scholarships offered by the university.
When you send in your admissions application, you will be considered automatically for several merit scholarships. These merit scholarships do not require separate applications.
Your eligibility for scholarships depends on your academic achievement as indicated on your application for admission, not on your family’s financial need.
If you are awarded a merit scholarship, you will be notified when you receive your admission decision.
Below are the merit scholarships offered to international students transferring to Clark University.
Clark University offers the International Traina Transfer Scholarship, the International Achievement Transfer Scholarship and the International Jonas Clark Transfer Scholarship to qualified students transferring from two- or four-year institutions.
- No separate scholarship application is required for either scholarship.
- International Traina Transfer Scholarship: $20,000 annual award
- International Achievement Transfer Scholarship: $15,000 annual award
- International Jonas Clark Transfer Scholarship: $10,000 annual award
As an international student, you may be eligible for additional scholarships offered by private organizations.
If you do receive a private scholarship, you must inform the Clark University Office of Financial Assistance in writing. Private scholarships are considered part of your aid package. They will first cover your unmet financial needs, then replace loans and/or work study and, if necessary, reduce any institutional grants.
You may be eligible for scholarships from:
- Your parents’ employers: Ask your parent(s) if there are any scholarship opportunities provided through their employer(s); if they are unsure, you or they should call their human resources department for more information.
- Your current employer: Ask your employer if the company offers any scholarships for graduating high school students.
- Your place of worship: Ask the office staff or leadership about any scholarship possibilities or assistance with college expenses; private fundraiser events may be allowed if a scholarship is not already in place.
There are numerous online resources for identifying private scholarships. As with any online search you want to be careful to avoid anything that may be a scam. You may want to watch out for these “red flags”:
- The online service charges a fee. Scholarships are meant to help students, and if you are paying for the service, you may want to skip it altogether.
- An organization does not require an essay. If you are only providing personal information, and no other information is required, it could mean that this organization is looking to sell your information.
- An online service or organization asks for sensitive information. Never provide your Social Security number or other sensitive information unless you know the scholarship is from a legitimate source.
SALT Scholarship Search
SALT Scholarship Search was created by American Student Assistance, a nonprofit organization, to help Clark University students and alumni become more financially savvy. Clark provides this membership, allowing you to receive all services free of charge. SALT can help you better manage your finances and become an educated student loan borrower.
- Valuable information about managing debt and your student loans.
- Search tools to help you locate private scholarships. You can search more than 2.4 million awards worth more than $14 billion; download tools and customize your application request letters; and receive email updates to find out about scholarship programs, tips and news.
If you are already registered with SALT, just log in to get started in your search. If you are not registered yet, then register now.
With your registration, you can view a few of our favorite SALT scholarship links: