Clark University has developed a web-based campus calendar to promote events organized by Clark schools, departments, offices, centers, libraries, and registered student groups. These events are open to the University community and, in most cases, the public.
Through the Clark calendar, you can:
- View events via desktop or mobile devices.
- Search for, or filter, events by day, unit, type, interest, audience, or sponsor.
- Add events to your personal calendar (e.g., Google, Outlook).
- Share events on social media.
- Include event URLs in emails or QR codes.
- Upload photos and graphics to highlight speakers or topics.
- Make events viewable to the Clark community only with a Clark sign-on and password.
- Connect your events to other department calendars, avoiding duplication of events.
- Work with University Marketing and Communications to create categories or tags, which will create a URL for related events across the university (e.g., DEI events, International Education Week events, etc.).
- Include your events in Clark’s main campus calendar (if they meet guidelines) or only in your department calendar.
Guidelines for Including Events
Clark’s main campus calendar is geared toward the broader campus community and, in most cases, the public, and showcases the vibrancy and diversity of academic and campus life.
For those reasons, the Campus Calendar Team in Clark’s Marketing and Communications Office has developed guidelines for including events in the main campus calendar vs. those that would be included only in your department calendar.
How to Add Events
To add events to Clark’s main campus calendar and/or to your department calendar, you must have access to, and have been trained in, Clark’s WordPress content management system — the same interface we use to create and update web pages at Clark.
Almost all offices, departments, centers/institutes, and programs have at least one person who has been trained to edit and update their unit’s web pages; they are called website administrators. As part of their Clark WordPress training, website administrators have learned how to input and update calendar events.
If you are unsure whether you have access to WordPress and the campus calendar, or want to know who in your department has access, contact the Campus Calendar Team in Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editing by Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Communications may edit your events in the main campus calendar to ensure they are:
- Free from errors
- Following the calendar/University editorial style
- Following the guidelines for events to be included in the main campus calendar