- This event has ended.
The 6th Clark New Play Festival opens with a play by Maria Connors ’20. Colleen and Sam’s breakup seemed like it couldn’t get much worse — that is, until Sam finds herself responsible for summoning a (very outgoing) ghost into their apartment. With the help of their best friend Penny, a downstairs neighbor named Oliver and his eccentric aunt, Madame Zelda, Colleen and Sam set out to get each of their lives back to normal.
Playfest is a co-production of the Clark University Players Society and the Visual and Performing Arts Department. Clark’s largest theatre arts endeavor, it includes six plays that are written, acted, and designed by students. Each play has its own director and production team, and is overseen by a festival-wide team of students and professors.
The full Playfest 2019 schedule is below; all performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
Nothing Out of the Extraordinary
- Written by Maria Connors ’20; directed by Samson Martin
- Performance dates: Oct. 29–31
- Written by Brett Iarrobino; directed by Lyndsey Hawkes
- Performance dates: Nov. 1–3
Elements: A Short Play Anthology
- Written by Luke Pound; Directed by Kim Carrell
- Performance dates: Nov. 5–7
- Written by Riley Sternhagen; directed by Toni Armstrong
- Performance dates: Nov. 8–10
In the Dark
- Written by Lyndsey deManbey; directed by Lyndsey Hawkes
- Performance dates: Nov. 12–14
- Written by Zoe DiPinto; Directed by Samson Martin
- Performance dates: Nov. 15–17