- This event has ended.
The School of Professional Studies and Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning invite Clark faculty to the Summer 2022 Faculty Professional Development Webinar Series, “Promoting Equitable Learning by Engaging Students with Engaged Teaching.”
In this first session, participants will learn active learning techniques that have been proven to promote student engagement. The webinar will focus on concepts and instructional strategies to support the creation of a sense of community using technology and collaborative learning assignments, and teaching so that students learn holistically, with emphasis on strategies consistent with Universal Design of Learning (UDL). Registration is required.
In this 3-part webinar series, we will share and discuss a sample of approaches and techniques to improve teaching and promote student engagement. Participants are encouraged to share their best practices and to adopt/adapt these techniques in their courses.
You may select to register for one or all webinars in the series. All webinars will be recorded and shared with registrants and attendees.
- July 26: Promoting Student Engagement through Active Learning Techniques
- Presenter: Susan Campbell, Chief Student Affairs Officer Emerita at USM; UMass faculty
- August 2: Teaching with Cases
- Presenters: Neil Cohen, MPA faculty; Kamal Datta, MS project management faculty; Laurie Ross, professor of community development and planning
- August 9: Assessment to Inform Teaching and Learning
- Presenter: Susan Campbell