Scholarships for Students in Two IDCE Programs
The Harry E. and Elizabeth S. Schwarz Endowed Graduate Scholarship Fund will provide four scholarships for graduate students joining the Department of International Development, Community, and Environment (IDCE) in Fall 2023.
Four awards of $6,000 each will be made in the following categories:
- U.S. nationals admitted to the M.S. Program in Environmental Science and Policy.
- Non-U.S. nationals (from any country) admitted to the M.A. Program in International Development.
IDCE seeks applicants who are drawn to IDCE’s mission “to strive for a more just and sustainable world, to embrace the complexity of urgent social, political, and ecological problems, and to approach these challenges through multidisciplinary teaching and learning, collaborative scholarship, and innovation.”
Successful awardees will serve as research assistants on projects led by IDCE faculty researchers.
Applicants will be selected according to the following key criteria:
- Prior research experience or a passion for engaging in research.
- Evidence of academic and non-academic achievements.
- Strong initiative and motivation.
- Evidence that the candidate will be a good IDCE ambassador.
- Demonstrated financial need.