- This event has ended.
The Clark Equity in Action conference for faculty and staff, sponsored by the Academic Innovation Fund, will focus on the sharing of experiences, tools, and strategies regarding the advancement of racial justice.
The Equity in Action Initiative, which was launched this spring to provide members of the Clark community with opportunities to engage in sustained, data-informed dialogue, reflection, and skill-building to promote an equity-oriented culture on campus through conferences, organize lunch-and-learns, and seed grant funding.
The conference will center the experiences of students, staff, and faculty of color to reimagine structures and possibilities contributing to an increasingly just campus.
Keynote speakers include:
- Angelo Guisado ’08, senior staff attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights
- Jose Rosario, psychology doctoral student specializing in racial healing
- Peyton Wu, director of our Identity, Student Engagement and Access (ISEA) office
Join us for a day of building, sharing, strategizing, and growth toward a more anti-racist community, as well as addressing student demands for greater training and promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion across campus.
Space is limited, so register by Friday, Oct. 28.
Equity in Action Organizing Committee
- Mia Davis ’24
- Raisa Bonifaz ’24
- Kiara Ramirez Lopez ’23
- Amira Aderibigbe ’24
- Cherilyn Bonin, Office for Academic Support
- Nancy Budwig, Psychology
- Margo Foreman, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Maria Gallant, Student Leadership and Programming
- Hayley Haywood, Office of the Dean of the Faculty
- Raphael Rogers, Education
- Laurie Ross, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning; International Development, Community, and Environment Department