- This event has ended.
Time and location
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
9 am to noon
Lurie Conference Room
Higgins University Center
Fraud is an ever present threat among business owners today. The latest report from the FBI notes that over 19,000 US victims reported fraud in the past two years alone. As you seek to grow your organization, protection should also be at the forefront of your mind. Rockland Trust will give you a perspective from a bank on how to protect your money and data:
- The top offenders of fraudulent activity
- Learning lessons from recent attacks
- How to protect yourself and your team
You will also hear from Libis Bueno on Ransomware. Managing data is one of the most important and complex IT challenges for organizations of all sizes around the world. Join this seminar to learn:
- Why protecting data is more difficult today than 5 years ago?
- How Ransomware-as-a-Service is making your data a big target
- How to avoid becoming a victim of ransomware or data loss
- The importance and benefits of having a Business continuity plan
Libis Bueno, CEO/CTO, Founder, Domitek
Registration and Payment
$199 for QuickBooks workshop
$25 for each workshop
Credit card payment accepted with online registration, or a check, made payable to Clark University, may be mailed to:
Clark University SBDC
950 Main Street
Space is limited. Advanced registration required. Registration fees include materials and coffee/tea service. The Clark SBDC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop due to insufficient enrollment. Registration fees will be returned or credited towards future programs only if the Clark SBDC cancels or reschedules a seminar. Sorry, no refunds will be given to individuals who register but are unable to attend.
Please contact the Clark University SBDC for more information at 508-793-7615 or via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network Central Regional Office at Clark University would like to extend thanks to the following institutions for their financial support, thus allowing us to provide quality and educational workshops at a nominal fee to the small business community.
- Avidia Bank
- BayState Savings Bank
- Berkshire Bank
- Country Bank
- Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU)
- Feingold Companies
- Fidelity Bank
- Harbor Law
- IC Federal Credit Union
- KSR Law
- Middlesex Savings Bank
- Mirick O Connell
- People’s Bank
- Resource Management, Inc.
- S&G Business Consultants & Certified Public Accountants
- CornerStone Bank (formerly known as Southbridge Savings Bank)
- TD Bank
- Webster Five Cent Savings Bank
- Clark University Parking Garage – Entrance on Downing Street. Guest parking is located on the upper level.
- Alumni & Student Engagement Center parking lot – 939 Main Street, Worcester (next to St. Peter’s Church)
- Administrative parking lot – (between Woodland & Hawthorne Streets)
- Clark Labs parking lot – 921 Main Street, Worcester
Some on-street parking is permitted, but please check street signs carefully for parking restrictions.