Master’s in Sports and Esports Administration
Your ticket to a sports-based business career
Prepare to compete at the highest levels
As the sports and esports management industry accelerates, opportunities for well-qualified middle- and senior-level professionals are growing. Your degree from Clark provides a unique combination of online classroom instruction and hands-on experience, equipping you to compete successfully for a range of sports management leadership roles.
Learn from industry pros
Clark professors are active sports management practitioners, ready to share their real-world experiences and insights with you. With their guidance, you’ll learn how to address business challenges at the intersection of traditional sports and esports, including talent management, promotion, marketing, ticket sales, sponsorships, and event management.
Gain valuable experience
Clark University’s central New England location provides numerous experiential opportunities for students, including internships with the Triple-A Worcester Red Sox and the ECHL Worcester Railers. And beyond Worcester, additional internship opportunities are available nearby in Boston, Providence, and New York.
Be in demand
Future-proof your career! Acquire knowledge and skills that are needed across a wide range of sports management positions, including those in the burgeoning esports industry, which is fueled by more than 2.4 billion gamers – approximately one-third of the world’s population.
Exceptional credential, lifetime asset
- Earn your degree from a globally recognized and accredited university – Clark is ranked #7 among the world’s best small universities by Times Higher Education
- Join a close-knit learning community representing 90+ countries and 150 nonprofit and business partners around the world
- Work in a highly collaborative learning environment with talented peers and scholar-practitioners who share their deep leadership experience with you
- Pursue your degree on your own terms, with options for part-time, full-time, and accelerated study
The competencies and experiences you gain in the Master of Science in Sports and Esports Management program will enable you to become an effective decision-maker and leader in the sports world. Two foundational courses introduce all students to the sports and esports industry. Through eight required units, including your capstone, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the business side of sports and esports, including areas such as finance, event management, communications, ticketing, marketing, sponsorships, and legal issues. And two program electives offer you the opportunity to explore personal interests, including public relations, sports leadership, or a special topic of your determination.
- Introduction to the Sports Industry
- The Business of Esports
- Sports Facilities & Event Administration
- Sports Ticketing and Sales
- Sports Sponsorship
- Sports Finance
- Legal Issues in Sports
Choose any two:
- Sports Public Relations
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Industry Internship/Field Experience
- Special Topics Course
- Open Elective Course (any graduate course for which a student qualifies)
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Sports and Esports Management program, you will be prepared to:
- Effectively apply business management strategies necessary to succeed in the sports management field
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making and apply critical thinking and analytical skills to effectively address issues facing sports managers
- Formulate budgets and make fiscally responsible decisions in the business of sports and esports
- Develop, communicate, implement, and execute a traditional sporting event or esports event in person and in a virtual setting
- Work in a variety of positions in the sports industry, including esports, sports marketing, sports communications, event management, athletics administration, and coaching