The Summer 2021 application is now open.
Application Deadlines: We accept applications on a rolling basis until the mid-point of any semester.
Applications submitted after June 21 for summer 2021 may incur a late registration fee from the Registrar.
Please read the following before applying: AIP Program Guide, Application Preview (below).
Summer tuition note: The first 0.25 units of credit are tuition-free for this program in summer. You may need to pay tuition for any credit above that. Please see the Summer Overview for more information.
What Is an Academic Internship at Clark?
An academic internship is a credit-bearing, career-related work experience of limited duration in which an individual takes on responsible roles outside of the traditional university environment. Academic internships may take place in a nonprofit organization, government office, or for-profit business. Depending on the employer, some internships are paid.
Rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors may earn academic credit for internships during the fall, spring, or summer terms.
Overview of the application process:
- Secure your internship.
- Find a full-time faculty member to act as your faculty sponsor for your academic internship.
- You and your faculty sponsor will plan the academic portion of your academic internship. Have them electronically sign the Faculty Sponsor Form (found below).
- Apply to the Academic Internship Program through the button below.
- Once you are approved, you will receive instructions for how to register your academic internship with the Office of the Registrar.
Additional Steps for international students needing CPT:
- Once you receive approval from the Career Connections Center for your academic internship, apply through the ISSO Portal to receive CPT from ISSO.
- Wait to receive your I-20 before starting your internship. The ISSO cannot backdate CPT applications. You are not legally allowed to work in the United States until you’ve received your I-20 with CPT work authorization.
Application Deadlines: While we accept applications on a rolling basis, the application deadline to avoid a later registration fee is one week before the drop/add deadline set by the University. This allows time to process your application and register on time. Go to Clark’s academic calendar.
Graduate students: If you are a graduate student, including graduating seniors in the summer of the ADP program, do not use this application process. Instead, work with your academic department to obtain credit.
International Students: The Academic Internship Program is available to undergraduate Clark students in good academic standing regardless of citizenship or immigration status. If you need CPT, please see the instructions above. For further questions about CPT, please contact ISSO.