Residence halls will open for move in on the August 25, 2022 for New Students, August 26, 2022 for Transfer Students, and August 28, 2022 for Returning Students. Students must check-in during the allotted move-in times below.
Residential students will be permitted to move onto campus on the following dates and times:
- New Students: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 9 a.m – noon
- Transfer Students: Friday, August 26, 2022, 9 a.m – noon
- Returning Students: Sunday, August 28, 2022, 9 a.m – 5 p.m
Students who submitted an early arrival request and have been formally approved by Residential Life & Housing have been communicated their specific move-in date and time. Students who arrive after the above hours should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate their move-in process.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and are not able to return to campus until after August, 28, 2022, please make an appointment to check in with the Residential Life & Housing staff during our business hours of Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. To make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Here are the steps for New and Transfer Students moving to campus:
- Go to the Shaich Family Alumni and Student Engagement Center (ASEC) parking lot via Gates Street. Vehicles will be directed to wait in the lot and students will be instructed to go to the ASEC lobby to check-in, collect orientation material, pick up keys and ID, and receive lunch tickets for families and guests with them.
A. Residential Life and Housing staff will be there distributing keys, and IDs, along with building identifying parking passes for your dashboard.
2. Once you have made your way through check-in and have all the necessary items, re-enter your car, display your parking pass on the dashboard, and exit onto Grand Street. Proceed in your vehicles to your residence hall. Each residential area has an associated color, which will match the color on your dashboard parking pass. Wright hall is yellow, Dana/Hughes/Dodd are in red, and Bullock Hall is in blue.
3. Following the Move In Map, which you will receive a physical copy of during move-in, go to your designated parking area based on your parking pass. Worcester PD and Clark PD will be directing traffic as needed along these routes for Clark families. Please keep in mind that several streets will be blocked off to public traffic, changing typical city traffic patterns.
4. Upon your arrival at your residence hall, our Move-in Crew volunteers will welcome you and assist you in loading your items into carts.
- Please make sure all items, boxes, etc. are labeled with your name and room number!
- Any items that may be expensive (I.e. TVs, computers, video game consoles) or easily breakable we ask incoming students and families to move themselves
5. The Move-in Crew will help to bring your carts to your residence hall room and your new home!
We ask that once your vehicles are unloaded, to move them from the residence hall loading area to the Parking Garage, or one of the labeled parking lots on the map attached. This will allow other students and families to unload their vehicles!
Returning students will need to come to the tents in front of the Higgins University Center- they will be set up near Red Square. Under the tents will be the Residential Life & Housing check-in table. At the check-in table, students will be greeted by the Residential Life & Housing staff who will provide students with their room key. Carts will also be available at these tents to assist in moving belongings. Please note that students or parents/helpers will need to drop off a form of state ID and provide a phone number to check-out carts. Carts will only be available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on check-in day.
Volunteers will direct vehicles of Parents and Helpers to ensure that they get to correct drop-off and parking locations. We ask that all cars are emptied quickly and moved to a parking space to make room for other students and families.
Please view our online campus map for all building locations.
Please note, students and families are encouraged to arrive in the morning, as campus activities begin in the afternoon. You can view all event information directly on Clark Engage! Again, we are so excited to welcome you back to campus. Please let us know if you have any questions! Students who arrive on-campus after 5 p.m. will need to report to University Police Station located in the basement of Bullock Hall (#9) for check-in and key/One Card pick-up.
During move-in, students and families are permitted to park in any of the following parking lots:
- Admissions Lot
- Administration lot
- Charlotte Street Lot
- Shaich Family Alumni & Student Engagement Center Lot (Returning Move In Only)
- Commuter Side of the Parking Garage via Downing Street
Please see the Clark University Campus Parking Map for more information. If you are planning on parking on any campus-adjacent streets, please make sure to observe all street signage and regulations. All on-campus permit parking regulations will go into effect starting on Monday, August 29, 2022, at 8 a.m.