Spring 2021 Move-In
When you arrive on campus, please plan to do the following:
- You should plan to first visit the Kneller Athletic Center to complete arrival testing between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET.
- Once you have arrived back to campus, you are expected to resume COVID-19 surveillance testing a minimum of every three days.
- Once you have completed your arrival testing, stop by the RLH table in the Kneller to receive your room key. Please have your Clark ID with you.
- You are permitted to have one person assist you with moving-in belongings. Guests must wear a mask, practice appropriate social distancing, and adhere to all aspects of the Clark Commitment, as outlined in the Healthy Clark COVID Plan.
- Carts will be available for sign-out at the Higgins University Center when the info desk is open to assist with moving your belongings. You will need to leave a government-issued ID at the info desk to sign-out a cart. Carts will not be available if the UC info desk is closed.
- Once you have finished moving into your Spring assignment and completed arrival testing, you must quarantine in your room until you receive a negative test result from your arrival testing.
- If you are unable to arrive between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET, please go to the Clark University Police (CUP) Dispatcher Desk, located on the lower level of Bullock Hall. The CUP Dispatcher will contact RLH staff to work with you to move into temporary housing until you can visit the testing center and receive a negative test result. You will then be able to move into your spring housing assignment.
- Dining services and meal plans will begin with breakfast on Friday, March 5. Until then, we encourage you to plan ahead for meals. You are encouraged to shop ahead, bringing food to campus with you when possible. If pre-arrival shopping is not an option, you can make use of delivery or mobile dining options like InstaCart, UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc. at your expense.
- You are welcome to visit the Clark University Food Pantry for possible support with food. For the month of February, the CU Food Pantry is open Monday – Friday, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. More information is available at the Higgins UC Information Desk.
- Beginning with breakfast on Friday, March 5 and running through dinner on Tuesday, March 9, meal service will be “grab and go” style.
- Limited seating will be available in the Higgins Dining Hall, starting with breakfast on Wednesday, March 10.
- Dining Services will begin providing service at Jazzman’s and the Den beginning Monday, March 8.
- Visit engage.clarku.edu for information about virtual events and engagement opportunities!
Please contact RLH at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to support you as you stay safe and return to Clark!
Late Stay and Early Arrival Requests
Undergraduate students are welcome to request to stay past the closing date or to arrive early before the opening date. Typically, our office allows students to stay up to 3 days late and to arrive up to 3 days early. All applications to stay late and arrive early will be located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal, under the Application tab. Students must complete these requests on time to guarantee approval. Please be sure to view the Residence Calendar for the closing and opening dates.
*International students and students whose permanent address is 500 miles or more away from campus are eligible to receive two days of the late stay/early arrival fee waived. These students must complete the corresponding Request form and be approved in order to stay late or arrive early.*
|Approved late stay or early arrival||$30 per day|
|Request for late stay or early arrival after deadline||Daily rate + $50 fee|
|Arrive unannounced requesting key||Daily rate + $100 fee|
|In the halls without permission||Daily rate + $150 fee|
|Stay in halls over entire winter break||$500|
Room Change Requests
If you’d like to request a change to your on campus housing assignment, please complete the Room Change Request form that is located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal. The form is open for a month over the summer, for a majority of fall semester, and for a month in spring semester. Please note that these requests are not guaranteed, but our office will do our best to meet your requests.
Meal Plan Changes
Students are able to change their meal plans at any point during the summer/winter break and through the first 2 weeks of school each semester. To change your meal plan, login to your Housing & Dining Self-Service and click on Meal Plan Selecting & Changes. Students who live off campus or in apartment style housing on campus can request to cancel their meal plans by emailing our office at ResLife@ClarkU.edu. Meal plan cancellations are only allowed during the first 2 weeks of class each semester. Students can upgrade their meal plan to a plus plan at any point in the semester.