New incoming students and transfers are welcomed back to campus a few days before classes start each semester. During the move in day, you will be able to get your Clark OneCard and room key. Bins are available to assist in moving your belongings into your new space.
Returning residential students are allowed to move in the day before classes. Similarly to new student and transfer move in, during returning student move- in bins are available to assist in moving your belongings into your new space.
Family and friend helpers are allowed to assist for Move In, though we ask that you following Clark University’s Visitor Policy and the Clark Commitment.
Specific information related to upcoming Move-In processes will be emailed out to students prior to the move-in dates. Please contact RLH at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to support you as you stay safe and come to Clark!
Late Stay and Early Arrival Requests
Undergraduate students are welcome to request to stay past the closing date or to arrive early before the opening date. Typically, our office allows students to stay up to 3 days late and to arrive up to 3 days early. All applications to stay late and arrive early will be located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal, under the ‘Helpful Links’ section. Students must complete these requests on time to guarantee approval. Please be sure to view the Residence Calendar for the closing and opening dates.
*International students and students whose permanent address is 500 miles or more away from campus are eligible to receive two days of the late stay/early arrival fee waived. These students must complete the corresponding Request form and be approved in order to stay late or arrive early.*
|Approved late stay or early arrival||$30 per day|
|Arrive unannounced requesting key||Daily rate + $100 fee|
|In the halls without permission||Daily rate + $150 fee|
Students with exceptional circumstances that prohibit them from moving into the residence halls during the scheduled days and times can apply for early arrival.
For Fall 2023, the Early Arrival request form opens on June 19, 2023. When the form opens, residence life will email students with the link to the form. The deadline for submitted the requests is July 24, 2023.
Students looking to arrive early can come no earlier than Sunday August 13, 2023. During the early arrival period, dining services will not be open, so students should plan to cook in their common kitchen and/or order food delivery.
Room Change Requests
If you’d like to request a change to your on campus housing assignment, please complete the Room Change Request form that is located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal. The form is open for a month over the summer, for a majority of fall semester, and for a month in spring semester. Please note that these requests are not guaranteed, but our office will do our best to meet your requests.
Fall 2023: Students who want to change their rooms will be able to submit a room change request starting Wednesday September 27, 2023. The form will be available online and further instructions will be sent to your Clark email address when the form becomes available. At this time, singles are very limited, so it is highly unlikely that you will be able to switch into a single room even if you complete the room change request form.
Sodexho provides dining services and meal plans at Clark University. Students, staff, and community members a like can enjoy a variety of offerings on any given day.
For more information on the types of meal plans offered, visit their website on meal plans.
Dining services and meal plans are only available during the Fall and Spring semester. Limited services are available during break times- schedules are posted in advance. During these break times, we encourage you to plan ahead for meals. You are encouraged to shop ahead, bringing food to campus with you when possible. If pre-arrival shopping is not an option, you can make use of delivery or mobile dining options like InstaCart, UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc. at your expense.
- You are welcome to visit the Clark University Food Pantry for possible support with food. More information is available at the Higgins UC Information Desk.
- Visit engage.clarku.edu for information about virtual events and engagement opportunities!
Please contact RLH at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to support you as you stay safe and return to Clark!
Meal Plan Changes
- Students are able to add a meal plan anytime by emailing the Residential Life & Housing office at firstname.lastname@example.org . When emailing, please include your Clark ID number as well as the meal plan request.
- Students may add, increase, or decrease their meal plans at any point during the summer/winter break and through the first 2 weeks of school each semester. For specific dates each semester, please check the Residence Calendar
- During the summer/winter break and through the first two weeks of each semester students can login to your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal and click on Meal Plan Selecting & Changes to add, increase, or decrease their meal plan themselves.
- Students can request to cancel their meal plans by emailing our office at email@example.com.
- After the first two weeks of the semester, RLH is unable to process any meal plan cancellation requests. Students looking to cancel their meal plan after the first two weeks should directly contact the Business Office.
Once a request is processed, it takes between 2-5 business days for the change to be reflected on a student’s account.
Students who are locked out should first try to contact their roommate/suitemates to see if they can be let into the space. If they are unable to get in touch with them, or live in a single, they should contact the following to be let into their space:
- Between 7am-9pm, contact the Lock-out Assistants at 508-735-2413
- Between 9pm-1am contact your Resident Adviser
- Between 1am-7am contact University Police at 508-793-7575