New incoming students and transfers are welcomed back to campus a few days before classes start each semester. During the move in day, you will be able to get your Clark OneCard and room key. A resident adviser will greet you and bins are available to assist in moving your belongings into your new space.
Returning residential students are allowed to move in the day before classes. Similarly to new student and transfer move in, during returning student move- in a resident adviser will greet you and bins are available to assist in moving your belongings into your new space.
Specific information related to upcoming Move-In processes will be detailed below. Please contact RLH at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to support you as you stay safe and come to Clark!
Please check back in early August 2022 for more specific information and guidance related to Fall 2022 Move-In.
Please check back in early January 2023 for more specific information and guidance related to Spring 2023 Move-In.
Late Stay and Early Arrival Requests
Undergraduate students are welcome to request to stay past the closing date or to arrive early before the opening date. Typically, our office allows students to stay up to 3 days late and to arrive up to 3 days early. All applications to stay late and arrive early will be located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal, under the Application tab. Students must complete these requests on time to guarantee approval. Please be sure to view the Residence Calendar for the closing and opening dates.
*International students and students whose permanent address is 500 miles or more away from campus are eligible to receive two days of the late stay/early arrival fee waived. These students must complete the corresponding Request form and be approved in order to stay late or arrive early.*
|Approved late stay or early arrival||$30 per day|
|Arrive unannounced requesting key||Daily rate + $100 fee|
|In the halls without permission||Daily rate + $150 fee|
Students with exceptional circumstances that prohibit them from moving out by the above deadlines can apply for late stay. Late stay applications are due by Monday December 12, 2022 at 11:59PM. Requests will be reviewed by RLH and approved on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage residents who wish to request a late departure to do so as early as possible.
- Students who may need a late departure to accommodate travel plans should communicate these needs to RLH by submitting the request form.
To learn more about late stay and apply use this link- Winter Late Stay Housing Request Application
The Winter Break Housing Application is for anyone staying on campus for any part of winter break AFTER December 25th at 12:00pm. If you are staying with us for winter break, the cost is $30 per day.
To apply for Winter Break Housing, fill out this form: Winter Break Housing Request Form
Unfortunately, RLH does not have any scholarships or the ability to waive fees associated with winter break/late housing stay. We encourage students to work with DOS to apply for emergency funding. Please email DOS directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on requesting emergency funding.
Students with exceptional circumstances that prohibit them from moving into the residence halls during the scheduled days and times can apply for early arrival. Additionally, departments who need to have students move in early can apply for them to be an early arrival.
More information on the deadlines surrounding Spring 2023 early arrival requests will be posted soon!
Room Change Requests
If you’d like to request a change to your on campus housing assignment, please complete the Room Change Request form that is located on your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal. The form is open for a month over the summer, for a majority of fall semester, and for a month in spring semester. Please note that these requests are not guaranteed, but our office will do our best to meet your requests.
Fall 2022: Students who want to change their rooms will be able to submit a room change request starting Monday September 19, 2022. The form will be available online and further instructions will be sent to your Clark email address when the form becomes available. At this time, singles are very limited, so it is highly unlikely that you will be able to switch into a single room even if you complete the room change request form.
Sodexho provides dining services and meal plans at Clark University. Students, staff, and community members a like can enjoy a variety of offerings on any given day.
For more information on the types of meal plans offered, visit their website on meal plans.
Dining services and meal plans are only available during the Fall and Spring semester. Limited services are available during break times- schedules are posted in advance. During these break times, we encourage you to plan ahead for meals. You are encouraged to shop ahead, bringing food to campus with you when possible. If pre-arrival shopping is not an option, you can make use of delivery or mobile dining options like InstaCart, UberEats, DoorDash, GrubHub, etc. at your expense.
- You are welcome to visit the Clark University Food Pantry for possible support with food. More information is available at the Higgins UC Information Desk.
- Visit engage.clarku.edu for information about virtual events and engagement opportunities!
Please contact RLH at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to support you as you stay safe and return to Clark!
Meal Plan Changes
- Students are able to add or increase a meal plan anytime by emailing the Residential Life & Housing office at firstname.lastname@example.org . When emailing, please include your Clark ID number as well as the meal plan request.
- Students may decrease or cancel a change their meal plans at any point during the summer/winter break and through the first 2 weeks of school each semester. For specific dates each semester, please check the Residence Calendar
- During the summer/winter break, please email email@example.com and include your Clark ID number when communicating a decrease or plan cancellation.
- During the first two weeks of each semester students can login to your Housing & Dining Self-Service portal and click on Meal Plan Selecting & Changes to add or increase their meal plan themselves.
- Students who live off campus or in apartment style housing on campus can request to cancel their meal plans by emailing our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a request is processed, it takes between 2-5 business days for the change to be reflected on a student’s account.