The Application Process
As you begin the study away process, we encourage you to think about the skills you will gain just from applying to a program:
- Learn how to articulate your goals, challenges and accomplishments
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of different host cultures
- Learn to prioritize and multi-task
Think about yourself AFTER you’ve come back; what will you want to have gained and learned by undertaking these actions?
Steps to Application
- Review requirements, attend Study Abroad 101, speak with your advisors, family and other important people; research scholarships.
- Start an applicant profile the academic year prior to your desired semester away. It is very important that you get your file created with the office so that we can best support you and help you to meet all required deadlines.
- Apply to both your program and to Clark by the Clark deadlines. All students must fill out two different applications: the Clark application for approval (submitted online to our office) AND the program specific application for acceptance (submitted to program or University directly).
- Make and keep a copy of all documents that you submit for your own records.