Skip to content

If your family’s financial circumstances have changed since filing your application for financial aid we may be able to evaluate your eligibility for additional financial aid. Appeals for returning undergraduate students may be submitted online here. Appeals that are approved are usually based on a significant change in family financial circumstances that have occurred after you submitted your application for aid and all financial aid application requirements have been meet in a timely manner, to include IRS Data Retrieval processed via the FAFSA.

The committee will review appeals, and a final decision will be made only after all renewal and new applications have been processed. You can contact our office to discuss circumstances under which we may be able to reconsider the financial aid award. Additional documentation will be required. Bills need to be paid in full regardless of the status of a Special Circumstance.

What if my parents will not assist me financially in college?

At Clark, as at many other institutions, we believe that financing your college education is a family responsibility to the extent that your family is able to help you. Undergraduates who have living parents will generally be required to file as dependent students. You may not file as an independent undergraduate student unless you have highly unusual extenuating circumstances. You will need to speak with a financial aid officer at Clark before filing your FAFSA to determine if your circumstances warrant filing as an independent for financial aid purposes.

Contact Information

Office of Financial Assistance

Mailing Address
  • Clark University
    Office of Financial Assistance
    950 Main Street
    Worcester, MA 01610

  • 1-508-793-7478
  • 1-508-793-8802 (Fax)
  • finaid[at]clarku[dot]edu
Office Hours
  • Monday – Friday

    8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.