The Locksmith is responsible for maintaining the brass master key system. In compliance with the Space Access Policy Locksmith implements key and lock changes, makes keys, controls and issues keys, and repairs locks as required.
Locks are changed for security purposes when keys are lost. Be sure to report a lost key immediately using the report form found Here.
If you lose your room key during the year, you will be charged a replacement fee for your room lock and key. It is strongly recommended that you keep your keys on a reliable key ring, and that you carry your keys and ClarkOne Card at all times. Do not lend your keys or One Card to anyone for any reason. Do not attach your Clark One Card to your room key.
If you lose your room key:
- Immediately notify the Residential Life and Housing (RLH) office by emailing (ResLife@clarku.edu), calling (508-793-7453), or stopping by their office located on the 3rd Floor of the Higgins University Center, room 302.
- RLH will give you the link to pay for your key replacement: $100 for traditional triple/double/single rooms and $150 for suites/apartments.
- Once you have paid, RLH will receive a receipt, and will then submit a work order for you through Facilities Management.
- The Facilities Management locksmith will change the lock and drop off the key in the RLH main office.
- RLH will then email you and your roommates to come pick up your new key(s).
Remember to return your room key before leaving at the end of the year to avoid being charged for its replacement.
*Please Note: Any locks changed after Facilities Management’s normal business hours will be charged as an overtime call (or approximately $200).
Lost Clark One Card IDs
Lost Clark One Card should be reported to University Police. A replacement One Card can be obtained for $25. Contact the Clark One Card Office for assistance replacing your card.