Computer Labs & Resources
Color printing is now available
The color printer is located in the copy room, 2nd floor Goddard Library. The pricing for color is $0.30 per single sided page and $0.57 for a duplex page.
All students at Clark receive a free printing allowance each semester which may be redeemed in any community printing area (e.g., printing in public labs, the Goddard Library, etc.). The free printing allocations (per semester) are distributed to all active students as follows:
- $35 – Fall Semester (renewed in late August)
- $35 – Spring Semester (renewed in early January)
- $14 – Summer Semester (renewed in late May)
Thirty-five dollars is the equivalent to 500 B&W double-sided pages; $14 is equivalent to 200 B&W double-sided pages (to provide up to 1200 pages annually). When the allocation is used up, students can still print at a cost of $.10 per page single-sided or $.07 per page double-sided page (example: $0.14 for a double-sided page printed on a single sheet of paper).
Print jobs can be submitted by printing from any public computer or computer lab on campus. Print jobs can also be submitted via email. This allows you to print documents from your personal laptop, smartphone, tablet, or any device you can email from. To submit print jobs via email to MobilePrint:
- Send an email from your Clark email account to firstname.lastname@example.org with each document you want to print as an attachment. Documents will be printed in B&W. If you wish to print color, send the email to email@example.com. Attachments must be a PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, OpenOffice, Image (GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP), or text document.
- Wait for a confirmation email letting you know your documents are ready.
- Release the documents from any print release station on campus. Each attachment will be a unique print job.
Print jobs submitted from email are always duplexed and are billed at the same per page rate as print jobs submitted from a public computer. Check out our FAQ’s below for information on how to submit jobs from non-Clark email accounts, where print release stations are on campus, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Print queues are managed by ITS and access is restricted to users with University accounts. In the case of departmental, computer lab or classroom printers there is a designee who manages the permissions to the printer. This manager is the person who can request additional users to have access to the printer. Installing a print queue printer is fairly simple and in the case of Windows computer, the printer driver is automatically downloaded to your computer. Print queues can also be installed on Mac OS computers, but the driver must be installed manually.
- Vista and Windows 7 print queue for Clark computers[PDF]
- Windows 8 - contact the Help Desk for assistance
- Mac OS 10.6 and above - contact the Help Desk for assistance