Consent for Electronic W2
Election of W2 Delivery Options – Electronic or Paper
Clark University is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to furnish all employees a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement each calendar year to be used in completing the employee’s annual tax returns. The Form W-2 Tax Statement details the employee’s wages, tax withholding and other important payroll information for the calendar year. In previous years, employees received paper copies of the Form W2. Instead of paper copies, Clark University employees may elect to receive their Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statements electronically in the same way bi-weekly pay stubs are accessed – through CUWeb.
Benefits of the electronic Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
- Earlier access to the Form W-2 than paper copies.
- No possibility for a lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced Form W-2.
- The Form W-2 is accessed via CUWeb securely using the employee’s Clark credentials. (User name and Password)
- Worldwide access from any internet connection.
- Employee has the option to print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Once consent is given, it remains in force. No annual renewal is required
- Employee Form W-2 will be available on CUWeb for at least 5 years after its posting date.
The IRS has approved the distribution of Form W-2 in electronic form in lieu of paper. Employee consent is required in order to initiate this request. Please read the entirety of this notice and login to your CUWeb account to provide your consent to receive all future W-2 Wage and Tax Statements exclusively in electronic format or elect to receive a paper version.
An employee’s consent is valid for all subsequent tax years unless revoked by the employee, termination of the employee, or the electronic delivery method is no longer supported.
When the Form W-2 is posted to the CUWeb account, an employee will receive notification via his/her Clark email address with the subject line “IMPORTANT TAX RETURN DOCUMENT AVAILABLE.” The employee can access the form from any computer with internet access.
If consent is not provided, the employee will continue to receive a paper Form W-2. An employee who chooses to receive his/her Form W-2 online can also receive a paper copy of the W-2 by contacting the Payroll Office at 508-793-7641 or emailing a request to Payroll@clarku.edu. A request for a paper copy does not withdraw the employee’s consent for electronic delivery of future W-2 statements.
An employee who chooses to receive his/her Form W-2 online can change his/her mind and withdraw consent to online delivery by returning the Online Consent Form and choosing the “No” option. An employee’s withdrawal of consent will be effective on the date received. If consent is withdrawn, it will only be effective for those W-2 statements not yet issued.
To submit election of delivery method of Form W-2:
- Login to your CUWeb Account. (https://you.clarku.edu/cp/home/displaylogin)
- Click on Main Menu…1st item on left hand side under CU Web
- Click on the “Employment Information” Tab.
- Select “Tax Forms.”
- Select “W-2 Consent.”
- Select the “Yes” button to consent to receive your Form W-2 electronically or the “No” button to continue to receive the paper version.
- Click on the SUBMIT button on the bottom left side of the screen.
If you have any questions or experience problems please contact the Payroll staff at Payroll@clarku.edu.