Welcome to the Cashier’s Office
The Cashier’s Office is responsible for processing payments and deposits for all University funds and also disburses student financial aid refunds.
Services we Offer
All funds (cash or checks) received by departments should be submitted directly to the University Cashier’s Office within one business day of receiving funds. Accepting cash should be limited to rare and unusual situations. All funds must be submitting with a Cashier Remittance Form.
Instructions for Completing the Cashier Remittance General Form
- The shaded fields should be completed.
- The top section of the form must include the printed name of the person submitting, their phone number, department and the date for which the deposit is being made. This information enables the Cashier to contact the employee in the case of questions.
- In the CREDIT Section complete the description, FUND, ORGN, ACCT and AMOUNT for each line. The description limit is 35 characters and there is a field to the right that will automatically count the number of characters. The description should be as informative as possible and will appear in the financial system in the detail transaction. Deposits to multiple FUNDs/ORGNs/ and/or ACCTs can be combined on one remittance.
- In the DEBIT Section enter the total for cash and/or checks that match the total of Credits in the top section. If there are multiple checks an adding machine tape should be attached to the bundled checks.
Cash Handling Instructions
- Never send cash through the mail. If a cash deposit is to be made, please walk it to the Cashier’s Office during normal business hours (9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Upon receipt of the deposit, the Cashier will count the cash to verify the amount on the remittance form, enter the deposit, and provide a copy of the Cashier Remittance with a stamp, date and initials.
- All checks must be stamped on the back with the department’s name. If a stamp is not available, write the name of the department on the back of the checks to be deposited. In the case of a returned check, it will be easier for the Cashier to identify the origin of the returned check.
- The department making the deposit must add all checks, and submit the tape along with the checks.
Business and Financial Services at Clark University
939 Main St
3rd Floor, Room 321
Worcester, MA 01610
Monday – Friday
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.