- This event has ended.
The Writing Life: How to Prepare for a Career in Writing, Editing, Publishing & More
Creative Writing Professor, Phil Lemos, will lead this session for students interested in writing careers. Attendees will learn how to take steps beyond earning their degree to prepare to apply for jobs in publishing, editing, etc. after graduation. Discussion will include:
- What types of literary jobs are out there?
- What can I do now to make myself a competitive candidate for future opportunities?
- What types of writing internships are available? Why should I seek one? Where can I find them?
- If my goal is to become a published author someday, how can I prepare for that? What does that require?
- Is it important to seek publication outside of Clark before graduation? What about entering writing contests? How do I do this?
- What about graduate school? Should I consider that? When?