Although there are some new and exciting changes that go with the NEW NAME, Clark Tank is still the premier venture development competition on Clark’s campus!
What is Clark Tank?
You guessed it…it is Clark’s take on the popular venture funding TV show Shark Tank!
Clark Tank is now the umbrella name for three entrepreneurial funding challenges!
- Clark Tank – Venture Development (currently underway)
- Accepted ventures are awarded $100 of investment seed money from the Clark Tank Committee at the start of the journey into the student’s small business. Participants are emerged in mentoring from Clark entrepreneurship faculty and staff, as well as, alumni and successful entrepreneurs. Other events related to Clark Tank – Venture Development include Clark Collective sponsored popups, crowdfunding events, and other venture development activities. At the end of the journey, the Clark Tank participants earn the opportunity to present to a judging panel of alumni, staff, faculty, and past Ureka winners, for a chance to be awarded up to additional venture funding!
Venture Development Judging Finals – February 11, 2022!
- Clark Tank – App Design Challenge (starts January 18, 2022)
- Accepted students come to this challenge with an idea for an app. Partnering with QuickBase, students will work with experts in the process of no-code app design in ENT222 Entrepreneurial Design Thinking. Students can work individually or in groups to create an app. Funding can be awarded in the areas of business, social ventures, and entertainment/gaming.
- Clark Tank – Business Plan Competition (starts March 14, 2022)
- What is it like to pitch to an angel investor or a venture capitalist with the next big idea? This portion of Clark Tank will help you learn and present for these types of funding in ENT217 Funding Ventures. Award funding is available.
A special thanks to Samantha Goodman ’11, Michael Goodman, and Swing Issues Media for additional funding.