- Students must decide if they want to self-identify as disabled. If a student does not self-identify, accommodations cannot be requested.
- Students must provide the Student Accessibility Services coordinator with
the necessary documentation. New students should submit this documentation as soon
as possible, ideally before the start of their first semester. Documentation should
be sent directly to:
Director, Office of Student Accessibility Services,
950 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610-1477
or faxed to (508) 421-3700.
- Documentation may take up to two weeks to review.
- Documentation is confidential material. This information is housed in the Office of Student Accessibility Services. Only persons working within this office have access to these files.
- Students requesting accommodations for the first time must meet with the director of Student Accessibility Services. Student consent must be given allowing the director to send notes of accommodation to faculty.
- Students who have accessed accommodations in the past do not need to meet with the director of Student Accessibility Services, but must officially request accommodations. Consent and accommodation forms are available in the Office of Student Accessibility Services.
- Requests for accommodations must be made EACH semester. Students are strongly encouraged to make this request within the first two weeks of classes.
- Director of the Office of Student Accessibility Services will send accommodation notes to each faculty member the student has indicated. The director of Student Accessibility Services will make every attempt to send these letters within five school days from the date of the request.
- Students should follow-up with faculty by setting up an appointment to meet and to discuss necessary accommodations. This meeting is highly recommended because it will help the faculty member understand what is required of him/her.
- Students must provide reasonable notice when requesting exam accommodations. We define reasonable notice as a minimum of one week prior to the exam date and one and a half weeks prior to final exams.
- Accommodations are not guaranteed unless the request is made in a timely manner. (Click here for Accommodation Consent Form).
|Fundamentally altering the nature of the course or program is not considered a "reasonable accommodation."|