The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is excited to support Clark University’s efforts that reflect its mission to promote a campus that is diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our co-funding program will help support activities, projects, events, research, and recruitment efforts that advance our office mission.
All proposals must be submitted by a specified deadline to be considered for review (please see deadline dates below).
Decisions are made by the Co-Funding Committee, which consists of:
- Allison Shilling, Director of Campus Life, Student Leadership & Programming
- Paul Phillips, Assistant Athletic Director, Head Swim Coach and Aquatics Director
- Wiebke Deimling, Assistant Professor, Philosophy
- Michael Vidal, Director for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
- Lamara J. Burgess, Director of Student Support Management
I. Tier 1: Co-Funding Program:
This Tier 1 process serves to advance diversity and inclusion on campus where you can receive up to $500 from ODI to help co-fund/co-sponsor your event, activity, or project. This program is available to all campus constituents.
For this academic year, given limited funds, this program will approve approximately five (5) proposals per semester for fall and spring.
The Co-Funding Committee will review all proposals collectively after the deadline to determine which proposals best accomplish ODI’s mission. Responses will be sent out to everyone who submitted a proposal by the response date indicated below.
Spring Semester Deadline 1
Proposal Deadline: March 22, 2021
Receive response by March 29, 2021
Spring Semester Deadline 2
Proposal Deadline: April 5, 2021
Receive response by April 12, 2021
NOTE: If your event is before the proposal deadline and/or response date, please include a request for “early review” in your proposal. Given the number of proposals we can approve per semester, we cannot guarantee that your request will be granted.
Activities, projects, and events that qualify for co-funding/co-sponsorship should have other funding sources and directly meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus environment
- Support intellectual dialogue on campus in fields directly related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bring people of different backgrounds together to participate in a campus event that celebrates and/or advances diversity and inclusion at Clark University
There is a $500.00 commitment cap per initiative. Also, each campus department/organization can receive no more than two funding commitments per academic year.
NOTE: This program does not consider proposals for co-sponsorship to conferences unless there is an added element of engagement with the campus post-conference.
Proposals should respond to the following:
- Provide a description of the activity, project or event.
– Date/dates of activity, project or event
– Names of the activity, project or event organizers/leads (include campus affiliations) and/or sponsoring departments/organizations
– Provide the most recent draft of the full agenda/program
– Provide an overall planning timeline for your activity, project or event.
- What are you requesting funds for? Be specific (include names/titles of relevant talks/workshops/presentations).
- What is the amount of funding you are requesting and what will the funds be used for? (i.e., speaker fee, marketing, food, etc.)
- How does your activity, project or event directly meet the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s co-funding/co-sponsorship criteria?
- Who is the target audience and how many participants are expected?
- Provide your overall budget for the activity, project or event (include other funding sources and names of all sponsors).
- By what date do you need the funds?
- How will you engage the campus? (i.e., marketing plan)
Proposals that do not address all relevant areas may not be considered. Please visit our online form to submit a proposal.
NOTE: Please note, due to budgetary changes, we are only able to provide Tier 1 Co-funding this year.