This process serves to advance diversity and inclusion on campus where you can receive up to $500* from ODI to help co-fund/co-sponsor your event, activity, or project. This program is available to all campus constituents.
For this academic year, this program will approve approximately five (5) proposals per semester for fall and spring.
Decisions are made by the Co-Funding Committee, which consists of:
- Lamara J. Burgess, Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Wiebke Deimling, Assistant Professor, Philosophy
- Maria-Elisa Gallant, Assistant Director of Student Leadership & Programming
- Paul Phillips, Assistant Athletic Director, Head Swimming & Diving Coach and Aquatics Director
The Co-Funding Committee will review all proposals collectively after the deadline to determine which proposals best accomplish ODI’s mission. Responses will be sent out to everyone who submitted a proposal by the response date indicated below.
Proposal Deadline: November 3, 2023
Receive response by: November 10, 2023
Proposal Deadline: Applications are closed due to funds being allocated for Spring 2024.
Receive response by: N/A
*New* in order for the Co-Funding funds to be released, accepted proposals must submit an artifact from the event (flyer, ticket, etc.)
Activities, projects, and events that qualify for co-funding/co-sponsorship should have other funding sources and directly meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus environment
- Support intellectual dialogue on campus in fields directly related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bring people of different backgrounds together to participate in a campus event that celebrates and/or advances diversity and inclusion at Clark University
There is a $500.00 commitment cap per initiative. Also, each campus department/organization can receive no more than two funding commitments per academic year.
NOTE: This program does not consider proposals for co-sponsorship to conferences.
Our 2024-2025 proposal form will become available in Fall 2024.