Mary L. Owens ’86
Mary Bourbeau Owens ’86 is senior director of retail communications for CVS Health. She has been with CVS for 12 years, initially as head of internal communications for the pharmacy benefit management business. In 2015, she was asked to lead the internal communications team that supports corporate programs as well as mergers and acquisitions. In her current role, which she has held since 2019, she leads a team responsible for proactive media relations and executive thought leadership for CVS Pharmacy.
Shortly after graduating from Clark, Mary — a second-generation Clarkie — moved to the Chicago area, where she lived for 25 years. During that time, she supported the University in a number of volunteer roles, including interviewing prospective students, staffing college fairs, and supporting local alumni events. Since her return to New England in 2005, she has been an active member of the Alumni Council. She lives with her husband, Ken, in Cumberland, Rhode Island.
Garrett W. Abrahamson ’07, MBA ’08
Garrett Abrahamson graduated from Clark with a bachelor’s degree in political science and, in 2008, a master’s in business administration. While on campus, he served on the Student Council and Student Alumni Relations Committee, and spent three years as a resident adviser (two of those in Wright Hall). Garrett has stayed connected to Clark as a class agent, GOLD Council member, and, most recently, with the Alumni Council. He is also a member of the Jonas Clark Fellows.
Professionally, he is an associate manager at Public Consulting Group, focused on health care payment reform for states around the country. He lives in Saco, Maine, with his wife, Caitlan, and two young children.
Dr. Hope K. Aryeetey ’98, Ph.D., MSPH, CHES®
As a Thomas M. Dolan ’62 Scholar Award recipient for Outstanding Service to Clark, Dr. Hope K. Aryeetey (a.k.a. “Dr. Hope”) has actively supported Clark since her undergraduate years. After graduation, she obtained a master’s degree and doctorate in public health. Her volunteer roles for Clark include admissions recruitment of multicultural students; Black Student Union public relations co-chair; ALANA Students in Medicine, Healthcare and Science guest speaker; 15th-year class reunion panelist; and class agent.
Dr. Hope joined Clark’s Alumni Association Nominating Committee in 2011. In 2015, she was appointed to the Executive Board and, in 2016, she became chair of the Nominating Committee and president-elect. In 2018, she became president of the Alumni Council and was instrumental in creating the Council’s Diversity and Inclusion Task Force, a key accomplishment reflecting her leadership, passion, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC). She currently serves as immediate past president of the Alumni Council.
Dr. Hope is a medical science liaison with Exact Sciences Corp. for the northeast region of the U.S. She encompasses her love of medicine, health, and science with her extensive expertise in health conditions and disease states within the oncology and gastroenterology-oncology and hepatology therapeutic treatment areas, while also collaborating with top medical and public health leaders in the U.S. and around the world. Dr. Hope lives in Queens Village, New York, and is an avid reader who enjoys traveling, cooking, and cultural excursions. She loves fashion, styling, and seasonal sports, and is dedicated to networking and mentoring adolescents and young adults, volunteering with her church, and continuing her philanthropic commitment to global health and humanitarian charities.
- Sasha M. Abby VanDerzee ’00, Roxbury, Mass.
- Hope K. Aryeetey ’98, Queens Village, N.Y.
- Sandra Abramson ’68, New York, N.Y.
- Justin L. Bailey ’00, Memphis, Tenn.
- Katherine W. Bogen ’15, Lincoln, Neb.
- Nicholas J. Callender ’11, MPA ’12, Washington, D.C.
- Ishara R. Casella Connors, Ph.D. ’06, Bryan, Texas
- Robin E. Cohen ’06, MPA ’07, Brookline, Mass.
- Genna B. Farley Fleming ’09, MBA ’10, Stamford, Conn.
- Wendy B. Pomerantz Goldman ’92, Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Randi P. Guinn Shirley ’91, Charlotte, N.C.
- Thomas Hicks ’93, Springfield, Va.
- Ifrad Islam ’10, Worcester, Mass.
- Taylor M. LaFlamme ’23, North Yarmouth, Maine
- Jason A. Levin ’96, MBA ’97, White Plains, N.Y.
- Anne L. McKinnon ’83, Jamaica Plain, Mass
- Nichole R. Mercier ’98, M.A. ’00, Saint Louis, Mo.
- Carol A. Meyers ’88, P ’18, Rye, N.Y.
- Deborah A. Roth ’82, Durham, N.C.
- Siddharth Sharma, MBA ’10, Natick, Mass.
- Emily M. Zoback Silverman ’08, MPA ’09, West Roxbury, Mass.