Emergency Telephone Network
Clark maintains a network of 61 indoor and outdoor emergency telephones. The emergency telephones have been placed in areas where members of the University community could find themselves isolated or without method of communication, and thus more vulnerable. View a map of security phone locations.
Outdoor emergency phones—on blue poles and in yellow-colored boxes—are located in the following places:
- Maywood and Downing street parking lots
- by the Higgins Bistro walkway facing Jonas Clark Hall
- on levels of the parking garage
- on Woodland Street near Carriage House
- on Florence Street
- at the athletic fields
- outside the Downing Street School building
- outside of 87 Florence St.
- between Goddard Library and Kneller Athletic Center
- on the corner of Atwood Hall
- outside of 5 Maywood Place
- Downing Street between Wright and Dodd Hall
- Hawthorne Street entrance to administration lot
- Birch Street parking lot at Maywood and Birch streets
- near the 31 Maywood Street parking lot.
To use the outdoor phone, students, faculty and staff should push the emergency button on the blue pole or inside the yellow box (open the steel door first) to create an automatic connection to University Police that cannot be disconnected. University Police automatically know which box has been used. A microphone in the box allows University Police to hear anyone using the phone.
Indoor emergency phones are red and are located throughout campus buildings and in all elevators. To use the indoor phone, students, faculty and staff should simply pick up the receiver, and the call will immediately ring in University Police on an emergency line.
The University Police Department is constantly evaluating the effectiveness of the emergency telephone system and is evaluating possible sites for additional phones.