Graduate Assistant Positions
Graduate assistant positions with faculty and staff become available within GSOM each semester. Graduate level positions are hired on an hourly basis with a pay rate of $12 to $14 per hour, depending on the expectations and type of position.
Available positions within GSOM are posted on the Jobs Directory. A message is posted in the GSOM Digest when new positions become available.
Below are the guidelines for applying to these hourly positions. When applying:
- You must be a full-time GSOM student (taking 3 units or more) in good standing (which includes maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and not having any unpaid balances on your student account).
- Apply to a posted position no later than 4 pm E.S.T. (unless otherwise specified) on the date of the deadline included with that position. Late applications will not be considered.
- Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu. If additional materials are requested in a posting, include those as well.
- Identify in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a separate email with a cover letter and resume for each position that you are applying for.
- You will receive an email confirming the submission of your application(s).
- Please allow up to 3 weeks from the position application deadline for notification of a decision on a posted position.
- Positions are assigned for 1 semester only.
- Students re-applying or interested in working in the same position for the next semester should consult with their supervisor (some exceptions on the 3 unit requirement may be approved by the GSOM Associate Dean, Academic & Student Services, if a student has served in the same position for multiple semesters).
Due to a University policy, all employees, including students, must have a bank account that will allow the direct deposit of paychecks. Any student who receives an offer letter for a posted position must show proof of this before his or her work authorization can be completed.
Please note: Most GA positions will not qualify as fulfilling a GSOM internship degree program requirement for graduation. Contact the GSOM Stevenish Career Management Center at GSOMCareers@clarku.edu prior to the start of a GA position if you would like to ask about the requirement.
If you have any questions, please send them to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.
Additional On-Campus Jobs
Non-Work Study: Under this program, Clark University offers opportunities for students who are not eligible for employment under FWS to seek on-campus employment. The Office of Financial Assistance coordinates this program during the fall/spring terms and summer break and available positions can be found in the job directory.
Other departments: Students are welcome to contact or visit any Clark University department to see if they are hiring graduate students for positions they may have available.
Undergraduate Student Assistant Positions
Undergraduate assistant positions are posted through the LEEP Center/undergraduate Career Services office in their online system. Each position is posted with a specific application deadline.