Welcome to Clark's Prelaw Program
If you are thinking about a career in law, or would like to combine a background in law with your major, Clark University is the right choice. Clark will give you the knowledge, credentials and real-world experience needed for professional and personal success. Our students also benefit from Clark's internationally diverse student population and institutionalized sense of social consciousness that encourages advocacy and the defense of justice.
- Clark offers the broad, rigorous liberal arts background that is attractive to law schools.
- Our Prelaw advising staff is experienced and effective, with successful outcomes. Clark’s acceptance rates for law schools and our average LSAT scores are above the national averages.
- With no law schools within the city of Worcester, Clark students more easily find internships than undergraduates in other big cities, such as Boston, Springfield or Hartford.
- The many vibrant campus activities, including mock trial competitions and other events sponsored Career Services and the student Prelaw Society, help form a supportive community of learners.
- We offer extensive advice on preparing and applying to law school, including information about the LSAT and financing your law school education. Download the Prelaw Handbook.
Clark students looking for law internships in the city of Worcester benefit from the absence of law school in the city. Local law firms tap undergraduates for interesting and challenging internships. Students apply the concepts learned in class to real-life situations.
Recent Internship sites for Clark students: ACLU, Bowditch and Dewey, Legal Assistance Corporation of Massachusetts, Law Office of Randy Feldman, Massachusetts Trial Court, Worcester Superior Court, Worcester County Sheriff and many others.
Careers in Law
As you consider the Prelaw path keep in mind that the career opportunities for someone with a law degree are numerous. Many such careers are in areas that you may not even know exist. For descriptions of the many types of law practices and law-related professions, read the Prelaw resources online or the literature which is available in the Career Services Prelaw Library, located in Dana Commons. (View the campus map)
Clark University's Law and Society Program is a member of the Consortium for Undergraduate Law and Justice Programs. The Consortium, formed in 2003, is an organization for colleges and universities that have interdisciplinary programs geared toward undergraduate education about law and justice in the United States and internationally.