Clark University is following CDC and State of Massachusetts guidelines relative to Covid-19, and as such, the Registrar’s Office is closed to in-person traffic and all business will be conducted online. Thank you for your understanding. During this time, electronic transcript orders will continue to be processed without delays. Hold for PickUp has been temporarily suspended. Some Express, and Mail transcript orders may still be processed, others will have a delay.
Clark University has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse, a non-profit organization serving the higher education community, to offer Online Official Transcript ordering services for all current and former students with 24/7 access. Students will receive order status notifications via email and may can opt in for mobile phone text message notifications as well.
The University offers both electronic and print transcripts with several delivery options. Each transcript costs $10.00 with additional charges for expedited delivery. Please take a moment to read the following before placing your order.
A transcript is the official record of a student’s entire academic and degree history at Clark University. The information provided on the transcript will include the following: student’s name, day and month of birth (year not included), academic level, program, major(s), minor(s), concentration(s), track(s), awarded degrees and affiliated honors (including dissertation title for PhD students), awarded transfer credits (including advanced standing and advanced placement), term-by-term course history, term-by-term units earned and GPA (including affiliated honors), and cumulative units earned and GPA.
The following information is required to place an order:
- Clark ID # (example C12345678) OR your Social Security number**
- Valid email address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Valid major credit or debit card
** If you do not remember your Clark ID# and do not have an SSN, please enter 111-11-1111 in the SSN fields and we will search our records based on your name and attendance dates you provided and then update and process your order as requested.
- Electronic – the fastest option, delivered in less than 24 hours (if you attended prior to 1995, this option is not available).
- US Postal Service – printed, packaged, and mailed the day after order is processed (excluding Saturdays) if received by 4 p.m. (may take 5-7 days for delivery).
- Hold for Pickup – Has been suspended, and is expected to resume on April 8, 2020.
- Expedited Delivery Options (FEDEX/UPS, etc.) – printed, packaged, and sent the day after order is processed if received by 4 p.m. Orders cannot be sent to PO Boxes. Costs: $27.00 US expedited, $47.00 Canada/Mexico expedited, and $60.00 international expedited.
Printed or electronic orders that need investigation or have holds will not be processed on holidays or Sundays.
- Current transcript: reflects current grades, classes, and degree status as of order date.
- Hold for grades: waits for all grades to be posted for the selected/current term.
- If you require a transcript with completed degree information, please wait to place your order until you are notified that degrees have been awarded or you see it posted on your unofficial transcript through your CUWeb account.
Must be resolved before transcripts are issued. If there is a hold on your account, you will be notified by email. Requests that are on hold for more than 30 days will be canceled and you will not be charged.
While placing your order, you may submit up to three attachments to be sent along with your transcript. Attachments may be included for all delivery options. These attachments may include documents that the University needs to fill out on your behalf or documents that are simply required to accompany your transcript. The University reserves the right to review and refuse the sending of any attachments. Attachments may be in PDF, doc, docx, jpg, or jpeg format.