The English for Academic Success (EAS) Program is for students planning to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at an American college. Students can complete this program in person at Clark University or online.
- Writing and Reading (9 hours a week)
- Speaking and Listening (9 hours a week)
- Small class sizes for greater one-on-one attention
- Our EAS programs in Worcester consist of both in person and online components
- Our EAS online program operates asynchronously, however, you will have regularly scheduled remote individualized feedback sessions with your instructors
Tuition and Start Dates
- Fall and spring: $11,220
- Summer: $9,250
- Clark University, Worcester campus & Online programs
- Summer: June 7, 2021
- Fall: August 23, 2021
- Spring 2022: January 18, 2022
- Clark University
EAS has five-levels of learning; each level takes one semester and focuses on developing specific English skills needed to succeed in higher education and to live as a student in the United States.
Students are placed into the appropriate level using the Duolingo English Test. Your speaking and writing samples are considered in addition to your score. If the Duolingo test is not a part of your application, an email will be sent to you with details about how to take the test, including deadlines for submission.
Typically, our students test into levels 3 through 5, and study for one to two semesters in their English for Academic Success Program. However, beginners are always welcome.
Successful completion of our EAS program allows you to move into your Clark University degree program without taking an additional English proficiency test. Undergraduate students must complete level 4 and graduate students must complete level 5. For graduate students, select majors allow students to complete level 4 and move onto our Graduate Pathway Program.
Grammar, vocabulary, academic skills and American culture are integrated into classes.
To apply to this program click HERE and choose English for Academic Success (EAS) Program, for your program of interest.
For more information about ALCI’s EAS program please email us at ALCI@Clarku.edu.