The English for Academic Success Program is for students planning to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at an American college or university. Our program features five levels of learning; classes for each level include:
- Writing and Reading (9 hours a week)
- Speaking and Listening (9 hours a week)
Grammar, vocabulary, academic skills and American culture are integrated into classes.
When you arrive, you will take a placement test to determine your level. Successful completion of the ALCI English for Academic Success Program can be used in place of a TOEFL score for admission to Clark University’s undergraduate programs and graduate Gateway Program.
||August 20 – December 10 (15 Weeks)
||January 11-April 29 (15 Weeks)
Summer Tuition: $4,400 per Summer Session
Fall and Spring Tuition: $10,000 per semester
Student Activity Fee: $200
Students in the English for Academic Success Program must pay a mandatory one-time fee of $200 for orientation and a $200 international student fee; in addition, students are required to purchase health insurance through Clark University. Information on Clark University’s Health Insurance Plan can be found here.
On-campus housing may be available and is required for students who enter the English for Academic Success Program through Clark University Undergraduate Admissions. Please contact the ALCI office for information at ALCI@clarku.edu or +1-508-793-7794.
How to Apply (Required only if you have not completed an application for a Clark University undergraduate or graduate degree program)
- Complete the ALCI application
- Upload the following:
- An official financial support statement (bank statement or certified letter from your or your sponsor’s bank) certifying that you have at least $33,500 available to cover two semesters of study, which is an average length of time for students to study in this program.
- A copy of your passport identity page and of dependents’ passports, if applicable
- A copy of a translated high school or university transcript