Instruction Sheet for Completing the Clark University Proposal Summary and Approval Form
Part I: Principal Investigator Project Director Information
- Enter the PI/PD name, campus phone number, and university e-mail address. Identify the primary location of the PI/PD for the project under Department or Institute.
- If there is a co-PI/PD, please add that information as well. If there is more than one co-PI or co-director, include the name, phone number, and e-mail address of the individual who will have primary project responsibility after the PI/PD.
- Funded Effort: Include the % of time for the academic year and/or the summer months of June, July, and August. eg. one month committed to a project during the academic year would amount to 1/9 of the 9-month academic year, or 11%. Two months on a project during the summer would be 2/9s of the summer period, or 67%.
Part II: Project and Agency Information
- Include the full Project Title. Under Project Duration, note total length of time for the project.
- For Sponsor, enter the originating source of the funding eg. NIH or NSF. Note: if the project is being supported by more than one funding source, a separate Proposal Summary and Approval Form is required for each sponsor. A Subcontracting Sponsor is the name of the "pass-through" institution which is providing a subgrant or subcontract to Clark. Also, enter Sponsor Type, the category of the originating funding agency.
- Check the Agreement Type. If you have any questions about this category, please consult the "QuickGuide" on the OSPR website or contact OSPR staff for assistance.
- Check the Award Type sought for this project. If you have any questions about this category please consult the "QuickGuide" on the OSPR website, or contact OSPR staff for assistance.
- Check the primary Project Purpose of this application. If "other", please specify.
- Check for the Project Location. An on or off-campus designation is determined by the primary site of the PI/PD's time and effort on the project.
Part III: Project Budget Information
- Enter onto first line, requests for Capital Equipment, valued at $5,000 or more. This is the stand-alone value of a piece of equipment.
- On second line, add the Total Direct Costs for the project, which includes salaries and benefits, other direct costs, and any capital equipment.
- On third line, note the percentage of indirect costs being requested for the project. As in the other categories, specify cost-sharing on indirect costs for the initial project period as well as for the entire project. Provide written documentation (or email website link) for information on when full indirect is not allowed.
- Fourth line, add total direct and total indirect being requested from the outside agency or foundation.
Part IV: Compliance Considerations
Check all the relevant items here.
Part V: Institutional ConsiderationsCheck all the relevant items here.
Part VI: Approvals
All required signatures must be obtained in order. E-mail, or telephone approvals by authorizing individuals must be followed with original signatures. Substitute signatures should be authenticated by e-mail or telephone communication to OSPR by the authorizing individual. Approval forms should be received at OSPR no later than five business days prior to the agency deadline.