Human Subjects/Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Clark University has an Institutional Review Board (IRB) which is responsible for ensuring research conducted by faculty, staff, and students, protects the rights and welfare of human subjects. The point of contact for IRB matters is Diane Sainsbury, Assistant in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, at x3880.
- Human Subjects Protocol
- Proposal Application with New Required Checklist (.doc)
(This downloadable, fillable form can be completed using Microsoft Word, saved and then mailed (via email or interoffice mail) back to the research office with other supporting documents as required.). Additional material for your submission should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Anonymous Survey Application
- Course Approval Form
- Sample Request for Exemption Application
- Continuing Review Form
- Sample Recruiting Text
- Sample Consent Form
- Sample Assent Form - paragraph style
- Sample Assent Form - question style
- Examples of Human Subjects Protocols to Clark IRB
- Additional Information:
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institutes of Health - Office of Human Subjects Research
- National Institutes of Health - IRB Protocol
- National Science Foundation: Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research
- The Nuremberg Code
The Chair of the IRB is Dr. James P. Elliott at 508-793-7152.