ClarkEfolio is a faculty activity records management system that provides a single convenient place for faculty members to archive their achievements. It replaces the old FAR reporting forms that faculty submitted via Microsoft Word Docs each year.
Faculty members input their data about teaching, research, service, and other activities that are reported as part of the annual review process. Profile information, course data, and advising data are being brought into ClarkEfolio from Banner.
Please review the below common questions that have been asked about this application.
- We now have a ClarkEfolio Training Manual available to walk faculty through the process of entering their Annual Activities.
- The Goddard Library has created a handy cheatsheet for faculty interested in creating and uploading RIS files to ClarkEfolio.
- Departmental reviewers of faculty and department admins will find this how-to document helpful.
- Faculty submitting sabbatical requests will find Instructions for Faculty – Sabbatical Request helpful.
- Department admins uploading “binders” for COP can follow these directions.
Faculty members can generate custom CVs and bio sketches, as well as standard bio sketches for NSF and NIH proposals. In the future, Clark will be able to configure faculty website bios to automatically update from faculty achievements in ClarkEfolio.
The ClarkEfolio system facilitates the annual review process at Clark. Faculty can view the annual review summary documents that are generated. ClarkEfolio saves faculty time because profile information, course data, and advising data are being brought into ClarkEfolio from Banner.
Once faculty enter their scholarship and research activity, the university can use that information without having to repeatedly ask the faculty. The system is secure and only approved university administrators have access to the data.
ClarkEfolio is supported by Interfolio’s Faculty180 product.
ClarkEfolio features work best in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended because of issues with functionality and display. Please set your browser to accept pop-ups from the ClarkEfolio site to ensure an optimal experience.
In the Profile Section:
- Name and Email address
- Current position title
- Position start date
- Academic rank, tenure-status
- Degrees earned
In the Activities Section:
- Student advising data
- Course data from Fall 2019 – present
Other data that will be loaded in the future:
- Course Evaluation data
You can edit records as you choose in the “Research: Scholarly Work and Creative Activity section.” Once a record is deleted, it cannot be retrieved, and would need to be manually re-entered.
Other information is fed from systems that are considered official sources of record. In those cases, changes must occur at the source. If you notice errors in the Profile section, please send an email to ClarkieFolio@clarku.edu. If you notice errors in the courses taught or advising and mentoring sections, please email email@example.com.
Faculty and appointed personnel who are currently participating in the annual review process will have access to report their activities in the system. Deans, department heads and select administrative personnel will have the ability to view data and to generate reports for their respective colleges and departments. Information will be provided to the Provost’s Office as part of the annual review process.
No other faculty members will be able to see your information. The single exception is the “Find Colleagues” function where faculty can use a keyword search in order to find colleagues with similar interests, for collaboration purposes.
Occasionally, faculty may ask department administrators to do data entry on their behalf. Emulation allows department administrators to view a particular faculty member’s data and enter data. To Emulate a faculty member:
- On the Admin section of the navigation menu, click Administration.
- In the Tools section, click Emulate User. The Emulate User screen displays.
- Locate the user you wish to emulate by using the filters in the Count By Unit section, then selecting your unit. The results display in the Search Names Below field. If necessary, use the search field to locate the desired user within the search results.
- Upon locating the desired user, click the user’s name. A confirmation message opens.
- Click OK. You are now emulating the selected user.
Yes, Interfolio has a help page for Faculty 180. The following resources are general for all Faculty180 products and not specific to Clark’s version, but they may be helpful.
For Faculty: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/68320
For Administrators: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/68329
Videos and webinars: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/71514
If faculty have questions about entering their activities or information, which category to use for a specific activity, etc., they are encouraged to seek assistance from their department administrators, Chairs, or Amy Lee in the Provost’s Office.
If a user is experiencing issues with logging in, browsers, or printing, contact the Clark Helpdesk.
We’ve modeled the Activity section after the old Microsoft Word FAR reports, so you should be able to log your activities in similarly-titled sections. There is also contextual help for each field in an activity section, indicated by a blue circle with a question mark. Clicking on the question mark will open the help dialog box for more information about that field.
Yes, after you have logged into Google Scholar, you can easily export or copy your citations and then import or paste them into ClarkEfolio. Further directions and screenshots can be found on the Faculty 180 help page: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/68320/l/726114-scholarly-contributions-and-creative-productions-import-citations-using-the-generic-import
General help for faculty entering Scholarly Contributions: https://product-help.interfolio.com/m/71514/l/777971-faculty-input-scholarly-contributions-video
While faculty can enter and update activities in ClarkEfolio all year round, a submit button is only available from an initiated activity input form. This form is created by the Provost’s Office for the faculty annual review period in the spring.
The initiated activity input form is important in the review process, as it gives faculty guidance on the activities that will be under review, as well as an opportunity to see these activities from the evaluator’s point of view. They can do this by using the form’s Preview CV button.
- Using the menu on the left side of the screen, select Vitas & Biosketches
- Open the vita for viewing by choosing the View icon to the right of the vita (CV) that you would like to print.
- Select the Print button.
- On the next web page, press CTRL+P to send the page to your local printer.
- After the page loads, it should show the name of the user that you are emulating at the top of the screen in a red box.
- To exit the emulation, click Exit Emulation at the top-right corner of the screen.