The English Department sponsors annual writing contests that are open to all Clark undergraduate students, including those enrolled in the School of Professional Studies. All work must be completely original.
How to Enter Your Work
- All submissions must be the student’s original work. Because all contest judging is done anonymously, we cannot accept previously published entries identifying the author. All entries must be unsigned.
- Two copies of each entry must be hand-delivered to the English Department office by the posted deadline. No handwritten or electronic entries will be accepted with the exception of students studying abroad. Students who are studying abroad may submit their contest entry forms and their entries electronically to email@example.com by the posted deadline.
- For drama, poetry, and short story submissions, complete the English Department Creative Writing Contest Entry Form. For essay submissions, complete the English Department Leroy Allston Ames Essay Contest Entry Form. Entry forms are also available in the English Department office.
- Missing information will disqualify your entry.
- No entries will be returned. The English Department may present or publish winning entries. Contest winners will be invited to present their winning entries at Academic Spree Day.
- If, in the opinion of the judges, none of the entries in a particular category is deserving of an award, none shall be given.