Graduate Assistant/Student Position Information
Graduate Assistant Student Positions
Several faculty and administrative office graduate assistant positions become available within GSOM each semester. These positions are hired on an hourly basis at a pay rate of $12 an hour, unless otherwise noted.
Positions that are available for the Fall 2015 semester are listed here. Once the semester begins, new positions will be posted tthrough the GSOM Digest, or, starting in the Fall 2015 semester, on the Jobs Directory. Be sure to click on the Graduate Jobs tab.
Below are the guidelines for applying to these hourly positions. When applying:
- You must be a full-time GSOM student (taking 3 units or more) in good standing (which includes maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and not having any unpaid balances on your student account).
- Apply to a posted position no later than 4 pm E.S.T. on the date of the deadline included with that position. Late applications will not be considered.
- Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.
- Identify in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate email with a cover letter and resume for each position that you are applying for.
- You will receive an email confirming the submission of your application(s).
- Please allow up to 3 weeks from the position deadline for notification of a decision on a posted position.
- Positions are assigned for 1 semester only.
- Students re-applying or interested in working in the same position for the next semester should consult with their supervisor (some exceptions on the 3 unit requirement may be approved by the Associate Dean if a student has served in the same position for multiple semesters).
Due to a University policy, all employees, including students, must have a bank account that will allow the direct deposit of paychecks. Any student who receives an offer letter for a posted position must show proof of this before his or her work authorization can be completed.
Please note: Most GA positions will not qualify as fulfilling the internship requirement for graduation. Contact the GSOM Stevenish Career Management Center at GSOMCareers@clarku.edu prior to the start of a GA position if you would like to ask about the requirement.
If you have any questions, please send them to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.