Graduate Assistant/Student Position Information
Graduate Assistant Student Positions
Several faculty and administrative office graduate assistant positions become available within GSOM each semester. These positions are hired on an hourly basis at a pay rate of $10 an hour.
Positions that are available for the Fall 2014 semester are listed here. Please remember to periodically check this list, as new positions may be posted throughout the semester here, or through the GSOM Digest.
Below are the guidelines for applying to these hourly positions. When applying:
- You must be a full-time GSOM student (taking 3 units or more) in good standing (which includes maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and not having any unpaid balances on your student account).
- Apply to a posted position no later than 4 pm E.S.T. on the date of the deadline included with that position. Late applications will not be considered.
- Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.
- Identify in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate email with a cover letter and resume for each position that you are applying for.
- You will receive an email confirming the submission of your application(s).
- Please allow up to 3 weeks from the position deadline for notification of a decision on a posted position.
- Positions are assigned for 1 semester only.
- Students re-applying or interested in working in the same position for the next semester should consult with their supervisor (some exceptions on the 3 unit requirement may be approved by the Associate Dean if a student has served in the same position for multiple semesters).
Please note: Due to a University policy, all employees, including students, must have a bank account that will allow the direct deposit of paychecks. Any student who receives an offer letter for a posted position must show proof of this before his or her work authorization can be completed.
If you have any questions, please send them to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.