Skip to content

Healthy Clark Dashboard and Healthy Clark COVID Plan

Clark welcomes all applicants regardless of citizenship status. Undocumented students, with or without Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), are treated the same as other U.S. citizens or permanent residents in Clark’s admissions process.

Check out the Statement of Support from the University administration and from student leaders for undocumented/DACA students.

While procedures for financial aid vary between domestic and international applicants, undocumented students are considered for domestic financial aid like other U.S. citizens or permanent residents, with the exception of federal funding sources.

Applying for admission

Undocumented students should follow the same application procedure for all domestic (not international) applicants to Clark. While federal financial aid is not available, undocumented students may be eligible for merit scholarships and some sources of institutional aid provided by the University. A FAFSA is not required to apply for aid.

Applying for financial aid

  1. Complete the CSS Profile. Check the College Board for information on fee waivers.
  2. If you are a student with DACA status, you can submit a FAFSA to receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), if desired. However, this is not necessary for Clark financial aid.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Clark University admits students regardless of their citizenship status and knowingly admits undocumented students. Undocumented students, with or without DACA, can follow the same application procedures for domestic students. When submitting the Common Application, undocumented students should answer the citizenship question by specifying ‘Other/Non-US’, select the country of which they are a citizen, and answer ‘Currently held visa’ with the option ‘I do not hold a currently valid US non-immigration visa’. More information on our admissions process can be found here.

No, we accept applications from undocumented students with or without DACA status. There is no advantage in the admissions process for undocumented students with DACA status versus those without it.

Yes, undocumented students should feel free to share their personal stories through the essay portion of the application to help us better understand their backgrounds and experiences. High school guidance counselors and teachers are also welcome to share more through letters of recommendation. Information provided on the application is confidential.

Yes, we consider all undocumented students living in the U.S. as domestic students who are eligible for domestic financial aid, which includes both merit-based scholarships and need-based aid. While undocumented students are not eligible for federal financial aid, they can be considered for institutional aid provided by the University. To be considered for aid, students must complete the CSS Profile and submit their parents’ income tax returns, if available. If your parents do not file taxes, you can submit a Nontax Filer Statement. More information on financial aid.

No, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required for undocumented students with DACA status. However, students with DACA status can use their Social Security Number (SSN) to complete the FAFSA. While DACA students are currently not eligible for federal financial aid or federal loans, they can still complete the FAFSA to receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). A SAR can help demonstrate need when a student is applying for institutional aid and other scholarships. DACA students should select “No, I am not a citizen or eligible non-citizen” as a response to the “Are you a citizen?” question on the FAFSA.

Whether or not your parents file taxes, you must provide your parents’ financial information on the CSS Profile. An undocumented parent can complete the CSS Profile without a Social Security Number (the CSS Profile will assign a CSS ID to anyone who does not report a SSN). If your parents have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to file taxes, do not use their ITIN in place of a SSN.

No, your parents’ citizenship status will not affect your financial aid eligibility at Clark. In addition to the financial information on the CSS, you will need to submit additional financial documents to Clark. If your parents file taxes, you can submit their W-2 and tax returns. If your parent do not file taxes, you can submit a Nontax Filer Statement.

Admissions applications at Clark are reviewed by the state or region where you attend high school, not by citizenship status.

Find your counselor