Clark University Immunization Policy
Clark University complies with Massachusetts law 105 CMR 220.000, which requires that all students complete the immunizations listed below before entering college. In the event of a communicable disease outbreak, students who are not adequately immunized or are without laboratory evidence of immunity may be excluded from school. This policy refers to all students with medical or religious exemptions. Immunization compliance deadline is Sept. 30 for the fall semester and Jan. 30 for the spring semester.
Special Note for International Students
All students, including international students, must comply with state laws regarding immunizations. If you cannot obtain certain immunizations in your home country, please explain this situation when you return your immunization forms to Clark Health Services.
You will not be allowed to register for classes until you are properly immunized according to state law. Below, see the current schedule of immunization clinics. Please note there will be a charge for immunizations.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- TDAP Vaccine (tetanus, diptheria and pertussis)
- Two doses of MMR Vaccine* (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Doses given at least four weeks apart, at or after 12 months of age.
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine* Doses given at 0,1,6 months.
- Tuberculosis risk assessment/PPD or IGRA if high risk. TB testing of high risk students only should take place no sooner than 6 months prior to college entrance.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (ACWY) required -< 21 years of age. One dose -> 16 years of age or signed waiver.
- Two doses of Varicella Vaccine*(Chicken pox). Doses given at least 4 weeks apart.
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Hepatitis A
- Pneumococcal vaccine if indicated
- Meningitis B Trumenba or Bexsero
- Influenza (annually)
* Laboratory proof of immunity is acceptable for MMR, hepatitis B, and varicella requirements. Reliable history of varicella documented by a health care provider or birth before 1980 in the United States is acceptable for the varicella requirement. Birth before 1957 in the U.S. is acceptable for the MMR requirement.
Where to Get Vaccinations
Clark University Health Services
501 Park Ave
It is best to complete your immunizations before coming to school.
If you are missing any required immunizations, or need titers drawn, all except varicella and flu vaccination are available at Health Services.
Your insurance will be billed for these costs; please know what your insurance will cover at Clark. The student Blue Cross plan does cover immunizations given at the Health Services and at UMass Memorial Medical Center.