The Dean of the College Office is often able to offer financial support for students, or student organizations, who seek funding for costs associated with academic-related activities such as research, projects, conferences, or on-campus academic events.
Please take note of the following:
- Any currently matriculated undergraduate student is eligible to apply for support from the Dean of the College.
- Students may request support for the following: conference fees (i.e., conference registration and/or memberships), presentation costs (i.e., printing of posters), on-campus academic event support, airfare/transportation, or hotel accommodation related to research and/or conference travel.
- The funding amount per student will vary and is based on the availability of funds. Students should expect that funding will only partially cover the costs associated with their research and/or project.
- Students, not the faculty mentor or club adviser, are expected to complete the application.
- If funding is granted for a research project, students are expected to present their findings at ClarkFest Fall, ClarkFest Spring, or departmental gatherings.
Process for Submitting Applications
Students should email the Dean of the College office and include the following:
- Project description (1 or 2 paragraphs)
- Budget and budget justification
- Anticipated outcomes: in particular:
- the student should describe how this relates to their academic interests and he/she/they will benefit from the research/project/conference/event, and
- explain how the larger Clark community will benefit.
- For off-campus academic conference attendance, students must include a short recommendation from a faculty mentor.