The sociology major develops a number of related skills. Students are able to:
- Develop the ability to make connections between individual lives and broader social forces
- Identify, compare, contrast, and synthesize basic theoretical orientations in the discipline
- Apply theory to data to build sociological knowledge.
- Identify, compare, and contrast basic methodological approaches.
- Identify appropriate methods for empirical research.
- Conceptualize and interrogate patterns of inequality in local and global contexts.
- Understand diversity and its structural and cultural implications