The sociology major develops a number of related skills. Students are able to:
• Develop the ability to make connections between individual lives and broader social forces
• Identify, compare, contrast, and synthesize basic theoretical orientations in the discipline
• Apply theory to data to build sociological knowledge.
• Identify, compare, and contrast basic methodological approaches.
• Identify appropriate methods for empirical research.
• Conceptualize and interrogate patterns of inequality in local and global contexts.
• Understand diversity and its structural and cultural implications