Apply Your Scientific Knowledge to Public Policy
The Environmental Science and Policy (ES&P) undergraduate track in the Environmental Science major prepares you to deal with the complexities of environmental issues in society. You will gain an in-depth understanding of how human activity is impacting the natural environment and provides scientific, social science, and policy perspectives on how these effects can be managed and mitigated.
The strong emphasis on the natural sciences ensures students understand the technical and social aspects of the world’s most pressing environmental issues.
Students completing the ES&P undergraduate program will have:
- A solid foundation in the natural sciences.
- Knowledge of how science is used in policymaking.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- An understanding of how public policies impact the environment.
- A full comprehension of how technological development has contributed to both the cause of and the solution to many environmental problems.
Environmental Science and Policy Advising Sheet
Use this form to plan your course of study and also to keep track of your progress towards completing the major requirements. (updated May 2018)