What You Need to Know
Students who officially withdraw or take an official leaves of absence from Clark University are required to submit paperwork to the Dean of Student’s Office.
The refund policy covers these scenarios:
- Withdrawal or official leave of absence by the final day of Add/Drop: A student who officially withdraws from the University, or takes a leave of absence by the final day of Add/Drop, will receive a 100 percent refund on tuition and mandatory fees.
- Withdrawal or official leave of absence after the second quarter of the semester: There is no reduction in charges.
- Leaving because of a suspension, dismissal, or expulsion: If a student is suspended, dismissed, or expelled from the University, there will be no reduction in charges.
- Consider tuition insurance to supplement and strengthen our refund policy.
Student Account eRefunds Through TouchNet
Electronic Refund Profile
Student Account refunds are only delivered electronically.
We offer you 3 electronic options:
- ACH Direct Deposit
- NEW! Instant Pay delivered to your Debit Visa or Mastercard (please be aware if this method is selected, once refunded to the card, it cannot be reversed)
- NEW! Digital Check delivered to your Clark email (this will be the default method if none selected)
If you have not done so already, please make a selection. It’s fast and easy!
Other University Payments
All other payments to you, such as payroll, student club reimbursements, prizes, participant payments, etc. will continue to be processed by Clark using payment profiles set up in Banner. This means students may have TWO direct deposit profiles set up; one for student account refunds in TouchNet and another for all other university payments and payroll.