If heavy rain or a thunderstorm is present just before the start of the procession at noon, we will delay the start of Commencement for up to 60 minutes.
There could also be a delay between the two ceremonies if inclement weather prevents the start of the second procession of the graduate students back to the Kneller Athletic Center.
Prolonged Hazardous Weather Forecast
If prolonged hazardous weather is predicted, Commencement ceremonies may be canceled at the discretion of Clark University leadership. Cancellation notices will be posted on the main Clark University website and on the Commencement web page, as well as on social media.
Thunderstorms During the Commencement Ceremony
If a thunderstorm is approaching during the University-wide ceremony, we will pause the ceremony.
- All graduate students, graduate faculty, the graduate platform party, and guests of graduate students with e-tickets will proceed to the Kneller Athletic Center for the Graduate School ceremony.
- Graduating seniors and the rest of the faculty and platform party will proceed to Daniels Theater (students) and the Blue Room (faculty) in Atwood Hall.
- All guests of undergraduate students will be directed by Commencement staff to a safe, indoor location (see Rain Locations below for some of the locations).
- After the storm has passed, graduating seniors will return to the tent, and the ceremony will resume.
Indoor Rain Locations
For Guests of Graduating Seniors
The University-wide ceremony and the undergraduate diploma-awarding ceremony will be broadcast in the following locations:
- Academic Commons (open rain or shine)
- University Center Dining Hall
- Jefferson Academic Center 218
- Jefferson Academic Center 320
- Jonas Clark Hall Room 001
- Arthur M. Sackler Sciences Center Rooms 121 and 122
For Guests of Graduate School Students
In addition to the guest seating available in the Kneller Athletic Center for guests with wristbands, the University-wide ceremony and graduate degree-awarding ceremony will be broadcast in the following location:
- Arthur M. Sackler Sciences Center Room 120
Maps of rain locations will be available at all Information Stations.