For Graduating Students
Graduating Student Survey and Raffle
We want to hear about your Clark experience! Complete the Graduating Student Survey by May 24, and you’ll be entered into raffles for Amazon gift cards and other prizes.
Students should have scheduled an appointment for yearbook photos in March.
At the Commencement ceremony, Grad Images will photograph graduates as they receive their diplomas.
- When you receive your diploma, turn toward the audience briefly so the photographer can take your picture.
- Preregister to receive a 20 percent discount on your photograph purchase of $50 or more.
- Add your friends’ and families’ email addresses so they also can receive a link to view your photos and save 20 percent on their purchases.
Make sure we pronounce your name correctly during the Commencement ceremony! Check your Clark email for an invitation to record your name with NameCoach.
Students must have ordered their regalia by March 25 to receive it in time for Commencement. Distribution will be in Atwood Hall’s Blue Room (second floor) on Tuesday, May 17, and Wednesday, May 18, from noon to 6 p.m. Please bring your Clark ID, as every graduating student must pick up their own cap and gown.
Commencement Day Info
What to Wear — or Not
- Yes to formal caps and gowns.
- No to altering your gown.
- Sure, go ahead and decorate your cap if you want, but with nothing you wouldn’t want your relatives or employers to see. Keep it classy!
- No backpacks or large handbags.
- High-heeled shoes are not recommended. Let’s be real — they’re not ideal. You need to keep up with your classmates in the procession. Also, we don’t want you to fall if your heel gets stuck in the grass.
- No Halloween masks, costumes, theatrical makeup, clown wigs, or anything else you might use to conceal yourself. We want to see and celebrate you!
- The Kneller Athletic Center will open at 11 a.m. Please arrive in time to be checked in and seated by 11:15 a.m.
- Commencement marshals in red robes will help you find your seat. Graduate students sit in alphabetical order by degree close to the stage; undergraduates sit in alphabetical order behind the graduate students.
- Students who have earned Latin honors will receive a gold honor cord.
- You must be robed and seated in the Kneller by 11:30 a.m. to participate in the ceremony.
- For the entire Commencement ceremony, you will sit in the same seat, in the same order, so make sure to take care of personal needs before the procession begins.
- From the Kneller, you will walk in pairs to the Commencement area.
- You will be seated under the tent on the Campus Green.
Awarding of Degrees and Diplomas
- The faculty marshal will ask members of each degree group to stand.
- Remain standing as President David Fithian confers your degree.
- Your group will proceed toward the podium, row by row, beginning at the front and the extreme left — so follow the person on your left.
- When your name is called, walk across the platform, receive your diploma, and return to your seat.
- The platform party leaves first; graduates should remain seated.
- Graduates follow the recessional to Atwood Plaza, and faculty will line up to congratulate you.