For Graduating Students
Will you be attending Commencement? How would you like your name to appear on your diploma and program? Please register your attendance for the ceremony and confirm your name on your diploma by 5p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023.
We are pleased to offer UltraGreen regalia by Balfour. Made with a 100% post-consumer recycled textile, manufactured from recycled plastic PET bottles in a crease-resistant satin finish. Students must order their regalia by 5p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023. to receive it in time for Commencement. It is free to ship your cap and gown to Clark, there will be a $15 fee to ship to your home address. Distribution will be in Atwood Hall, Blue Room (second floor) on Tuesday, May 16, and Wednesday, May 17, from noon to 6 p.m. Please bring your Clark ID, as every graduating student must pick up their own cap and gown.
Seating is limited for the Graduate Ceremony (Master’s and Ph.D.) students in the Kneller Athletic Center; we kindly request that graduates limit their guests to 4 family members. Wristbands will be issued to graduates at regalia pickup on May 16 and 17 from 12 noon-6p.m. in Atwood Hall, Blue Room.
Make sure we pronounce your name correctly during the Commencement ceremony! Check your Clark email in April for an invitation to record your name with NameCoach.
ACE Graduation Ceremony
Celebration for first year and senior ACE students and their families on April 28, 5pm. Invitation only.
First-Generation Pinning Ceremony
Friday, May 19, 1pm in Higgins University Center, Grace & Lurie Conference Room.
Lavender Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 20, 11:30am in Higgins University Center, Tilton Hall.
Multicultural Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 20, 2:30pm in Higgins University Center, Tilton Hall.
Registration is required for these events.
At the Commencement ceremony, Grad Images will photograph graduates as they receive their diplomas.
- When you receive your diploma, turn toward the audience briefly so the photographer can take your picture.
- Preregister to receive a 20 percent discount on your photograph purchase of $50 or more.
- Add your friends’ and families’ email addresses so they also can receive a link to view your photos and save 20 percent on their purchases.
Graduate Student Survey
Please complete your survey by April 28, 2023.
Undergraduate Senior Survey
Please complete your senior survey by April 28, 2023. This needs to be completed prior to picking up your cap and gown. (link coming soon)
Commencement Day Info
What to Wear — or Not
- Yes to formal caps and gowns.
- No to altering your gown.
- Sure, go ahead and decorate your cap if you want, but with nothing you wouldn’t want your relatives or employers to see. Keep it classy!
- No backpacks or large handbags.
- High-heeled shoes are not recommended. Let’s be real — they’re not ideal. You need to keep up with your classmates in the procession. Also, we don’t want you to fall if your heel gets stuck in the grass.
- No Halloween masks, costumes, theatrical makeup, clown wigs, or anything else you might use to conceal yourself. We want to see and celebrate you!
- The Kneller Athletic Center will open at 11 a.m. Please arrive in time to be checked in and seated by 11:15 a.m.
- Commencement marshals in red robes will help you find your seat. Graduate students sit in alphabetical order by degree close to the stage; undergraduates sit in alphabetical order behind the graduate students.
- Students who have earned Latin honors will receive a gold honor cord.
- You must be robed and seated in the Kneller by 11:30 a.m. to participate in the ceremony.
- For the entire Commencement ceremony, you will sit in the same seat, in the same order, so make sure to take care of personal needs before the procession begins.
- From the Kneller, you will walk in pairs to the Commencement area.
- You will be seated under the tent on the Campus Green.
Awarding of Degrees and Diplomas
- The faculty marshal will ask members of each degree group to stand.
- Remain standing as President David Fithian confers your degree.
- Your group will proceed toward the podium, row by row, beginning at the front and the extreme left — so follow the person on your left.
- When your name is called, walk across the platform, receive your diploma, and return to your seat.
- The platform party leaves first; graduates should remain seated.
- Graduates follow the recessional to Atwood Plaza