How to Use a Safety Shower
- Place person under the shower head and pull the chain.
- Call Campus Police (7575) for medical help.
- Put on a pair of gloves and remove all the person’s clothes, shoes and jewelry.
- Let the water run for at least 15 minutes.
- Cover the victim with a blanket.
How to Use an Eye Wash Unit
- Approach the nearest eye wash unit.
- Open eyelids widely to ensure effective washing.
- Flush the eyes and eyelids from the nose to the ear for at least 15 minutes or until the Emergency Medical Service arrives.
- Cover the eyes with gauze.
- If not contacted yet by somebody else, call Campus Police (X7575) for medical help.