Gas Cylinder Safety
- Always read the label and consult SDS.
- Clearly mark cylinders as "Full", "Empty" and "In use" as it applies.
- Screw-on cap must be placed when cylinders are not in use.
- Secure cylinders at all times to prevent tipping.
- Never attempt to repair a cylinder or valve.
- Always make sure that regulator and fittings are compatible.
- Use a properly designed wheeled cart to move cylinders. Never roll or drag them.
Leaking Gas Cylinders
If a leaking cylinder is discovered, move it to a safe place (if it is safe to do so, when in doubt, call the Safety Office x7280) and inform the Chemical Safety Officer.
NEVER attempt to repair a cylinder or valve.
|Cylinders in Storage||A Cylinder in Use|