Because so much has changed since last year, we have updated our Clark Commitment for the new academic year. We ask our students, faculty, and staff to embrace the following principles, which, combined with dedication to our community, our diligence, and the Clarkie spirit driving us all, will help us persevere and have a productive and fulfilling semester on campus.
- We acknowledge that our community is built on trust, respect, and empathy for one another. As such, we will support and honor our fellow community members in their efforts to live, learn, and work in a healthy and safe environment.
- We will remain committed to doing everything we can as a member of our Clark community to protect ourselves and others from COVID-19, and to reduce the spread of the virus.
- We will comply with Clark University’s requirement that anyone on campus be fully vaccinated or have received an exemption from the University.
- We understand mask-wearing, testing requirements, and/or social distancing measures could change from time to time based on COVID-19 trends and guidance from health and government entities. We will follow Clark University’s requirements.
- We will respect anyone’s decision to wear a mask under any circumstance and for any reason, even if not required, whenever they feel it is best for them.
- We will monitor our own personal health, be watchful of COVID-19 symptoms (a fever of 100.4 °F (38 °C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) and, if symptoms are present, will take the proper precautions until no longer contagious.