A Work in Progress
The Healthy Clark COVID Plan summarized here provides guidelines and specifications for the many aspects of academic and campus life affected by the pandemic and the University’s commitment to a healthy and productive campus experience. This plan is a work in progress and will continue to be amended and added to over the coming days and weeks. We encourage you to check back regularly for the latest information. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: Throughout this website, as necessary, we have inserted dates (in italics) to indicate when the content of a particular section was updated.
June 10, 2020: Clark University Intends to Resume Teaching and Learning on Campus This Fall
President David Angel and President-elect David Fithian have shared with the Clark community their intention — and plan — to welcome students back to campus and resume classes in person this fall.
COVID-19 FAQs and Updates on Financial Aid
For announcements and frequently asked questions (FAQs) about how University operations have changed due to the pandemic — including updates on financial aid — please visit our COVID-19 Information page.
The Clark Commitment: Prior to the start of fall in-person courses, all students will be required to sign a statement of commitment to University public health expectations. This statement will include specific expectations to wear face coverings, follow good hygiene practices, and practice sound and consistent social distancing. Similarly, the Clark University employee handbook will be amended to include such a statement for all employees.
In preparing our health plans, we have been guided by five principles that reflect our values as a University:
- Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
- We believe you should have options and be able to make choices that are best for you and your family. All of the options we will offer this fall, whether through learning on campus or continuing your studies online if you are unable to return, will meet Clark’s rigorous academic standards and our commitment to offering high-impact learning experiences.
- The on-campus experience will support and rely on students, faculty, and staff to make informed, responsible, and caring choices to provide for a healthy, shared campus environment.
- We are prepared to adapt rapidly and effectively our plans as required by the evolving public-health situation.
- We will be transparent and forthcoming in communicating our plans and the reasoning behind them.
Table of Contents
- Pre-arrival Protocols for Students
- Protocol and Oversight
- Expanded Sanitation Practices and Protocols
- Classroom Health and Safety
- Residence Hall Health and Safety
- Activities, Athletics and Recreation
- Building Access and Use
- Travel Policies